“Ok”

Oasis Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Ok”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had heard so many good things about this bar/restaurant so I have to say I was a little disappointed overall. The staff are fantastic, but the food I ordered was nowhere near as good I was expecting. I ordered the tempura Prawns as a starter and steak for a main course.

The steak was quite bland and it didn't look like a quality cut of meat. The prawns were nice but nothing to really write home about. I presumed this maybe to be an off day, but a few days later ordered the chicken burger which again was nothing special.

The staff are great and I really want to like the place, but I have to say I am surprised by the high volume of great reviews..

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank ivorm865

Letterkenny, Ireland
“Taste of the food was fab”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

The flavour of my meal I had at the weekend was fabulous. I was there with my daughter and they to taught it was great. Have been there before and will definately be back

Visited February 2014
1 Thank PMcShane2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

From looking at trip advisor, I had got the impression that the oasis was going to be a lively place to eat with good atmosphere etc.. This however was definitely not the case the restaurant was very quiet (on valentines day, would have expected more life). We were unfortunately put next to a couple that instead of paying attention to their own business, decided to stare at us intently until we had finished our meal, although this was no fault of the restaurant, it made us feel very uncomfortable, and because of this, ruined our experience, we could not wait to leave.. on a positive note the staff where lovely and very approachable..

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank niamhm985
donegal
“Good Ambience”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a bar first and foremost. It has a lovely ambience and the staff are quick to assist. The food is good and the prices are reasonable.

Visited December 2013
4 Thank marypatrica
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Myself and my family called in for a meal after a long drive and the service was fantastic! The service was very speedy and the staff were brilliant! They were very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere of the restaurant was buzzing and the food was superb! I myself selected the chicken salad and I felt it was cooked to perfection! The restaurant were also able to cater for my young children and overall I found it a very enjoyable experience! I would definitely recommend the place!

Visited January 2014