“You won't be hungry after!”
Review of Mr Chippy

Mr Chippy
Ranked #86 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Huge portions, reminds me of a proper British chipper, huge variety of foods and huge portions. Wrapped up in traditional paper.

I've ordered the battered sausage meal, you get 3 battered sausage and a truckload of chips, a friend had the haddock and had two pieces of that.

The food was however quite greasy and oily - I'm aware its a chipper but it seemed excessively oily and was a little bit off putting, however the overall quality was very good and it was very quickly prepared.

Staff are polite and prices are brilliant for the amount you get.

There is a take away option which I would recommend as once you finish one of the meals you may not be able to move for a while.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

great service..excellent food.....friendly staff....value for money ...varied range of food on menu..

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Was in today to have a breakfast at 9.30am.
Firstly I recieved a very friendly welcome and ordered my food with extra white pudding and mushrooms. I was going to have a coffee since I love my coffee, but they only had a big tin of nescaffe instant coffee which is a let down especially when I like a nice coffee in the morning to set me off, I would of expected a coffee machine in this day and age with better coffee so I instead ordered a tea for one which was recieved very promptly with my toast. While waiting I noticed the decor is a bit old and out dated but I dont mind to much if im if im getting good food and the place aint minging, but i was sitting at the window and I could see the windows where in need of a professional cleaning I could see someone tried to clean them but they were poorly cleaned and actually made them look worse, to me clean windows makes you feel that they care about there customers who come to there cafe its welcoming.
i recieved my food with in ten minutes of ordering which is very good time. The white pudding where a lovely big size and all of it was cooked nicely and not too greasey and the portion was satisfactory since im a big eater. The only think negative I could say is the beans tasted a little burned and the dish it was served on has been used and washed that many times its full of scratches and the white is coming off the plate. And the cup I was drinking with was like a canteen cup and very small for a tea cup I prefer a mug. But at only €8.35 it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Mr Chippy do fabulous fish and chips and the like. The only point lacking is the interior which is grubby and no way modern - could benefit from a complete refurb.

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Visited here and the mr chippy special. 5.95 for a big plate if fried breakfast, toast and tea. Not going to win any Michelin stars but good well priced fry up.