“Good food. Great prices.”

Portsalon Golf Club
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We always eat here great place for good food. Mainly bar type food. Good for kids menu. Sunday lunch great 3 course 15 euro. They also have another menu if you don't want full lunch. Usually very busy which is good sign. Friendly happy staff another plus.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Decided to treat ourselves to a meal out while camping and plumped for the golf club due to the views out to the beach mainly. After ordering what appeared to be a slightly ambitious menu in a fairly quiet restaurant we thought it was either going to be one of those surprisingly great meals or one you wished you'd just cooked at home. Happily when it arrived we found it was the former. Great quality, very tasty, lots of it, inexpensive and excellent service. Can only highly recommend it.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Make sure you include this on any golf trip to Donegal. The views are stunning and the golf course is strong. Offering superb value for money it was the highlight of our trip for many in our group (which included Ballyliffin and Rosapenna - which are also brilliant)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was my second visit to Portsalon and memorable as I parred number 2. This is one of the best links courses in Ireland right behind Carne and Narin&Portnoo in my view. Corrina ran out to meet me after we finished to return my credit card. I appreciate that.There are wonderful views from the tee boxes. The rock outcroppings add a distinctive feature.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Playing Portsalon is a privilege. This course has all the variety you want from a links course it is a severe test of skills but standing on top of the Matterhorn (the 15th) you see a breathtaking picture of what Donegal has to offer. Three courses in the area sell a voucher for 90 euros so you can play all three (Dunfanaghy, Portsalon and Rosapenna Old Tom Morris) this is great value for money. I envy all who play here.