“Wedding was brilliant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
ireland
“Wedding was brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel . Stayed for the weekend for a family wedding.the service and attention to detail was spot on . Fabulous door and friendly staff. Rooms were very clean and nice size.the bar has a great atmosphere and the hotel is set overlooking lough swilly

Stayed April 2014
Martina R, Director of Sales at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014

Congratulations!

I want to say a special thank you for your lovely review, what can I say our team including John & Ciaran are amazing, they certainly do pull out all the stops, assisting every bride and groom to have the most special day ever!

As we say - "One Wedding Per Day ...One Guarantee.....Perfection !"

Many Thanks

Martina Rafferty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Louth Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I arrived late after last orders but the young man who checked me in offered to prepare food for me if I wished. My room was spotless and warm with all the facilities included .Breakfast was fresh and prepared to order and was to the high standard they serve at the Silver Tassie. I have lunch here frequently as its so good. When I left I dropped my credit card and my thanks to the ladies in housekeeping for its speedy return.If your on business in the area great hotel , great food ,nice people.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jim C

I wish to thank you for your kind review. I am delighted you found us to be a "Great Business Hotel".

This family run hotel is spotless and well kept ! The chefs also as you mentioned freshly cook our breakfast,to order each morning. I am glad you enjoy it!

Hope we can welcome you back again and I shall pass on your review to all the staff and the house keeping team.

Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at The Silver Tassie in a large Family Room at Easter having checked out a very unclean chain hotel in Letterkenny. The Silver Tassie was spotlessly clean, the food was great and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Their Family Room accommodated all of us (2 adults and 4 children) comfortably. We will definitely stay there again as it is without doubt the very best hotel in Letterkenny.

Room Tip: Famiky Room 105 is great!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mum, Dad & Kids,

I wish to personally thank you for the feedback and positive review. I am delighted you found us to be the best hotel in the Letterkenny area. The family rooms are indeed spacious, giving you that extra comfort for your holiday.

On behalf of all the team here I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you and the family back to The Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa (Trip Advisor No 1 hotel in Letterkenny).

Kind Regards
N.Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night as part of a driving holiday through the south of Ireland. For bed and breakfast and a four course meal for both of us it came to £124, which was excellent value. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is spotlessly clean. Our room was large and well appointed, beds very comfortable. The hotel was perfect for what we wanted it. I would advise not to book this hotel if you want to be able to walk into town - it is too far out for that. Didn't try the spa so can't rate that, but would do if staying longer. The one criticism we would have was surrounding the cooked aspect of breakfast. Sausages and potato bread appeared to have been deep fried, which was a shame. Other than that, this is a decent hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to place a review. It was a pleasure to welcome you and your boyfriend to The Silver Tassie.

I am delighted you found the hotel to be spotlessly clean and comfortable. The hotel is indeed the perfect choice for value, I have discuss the cooking procedure of the sausages & potato bread with the chef, we strive to assist all our past and future guests and take all comments on board, thank you!

Hopefully you will have an opportunity to revisit and enjoy some of the many special offerings available.

Thanking you in advance.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I travel the whole Country as a Sales Rep staying in Hotels.
The Silver Tassie in Letterkenny is a lovely place to stay.
Its very clean,friendly staff and best of all lovely food and after a hard day on the road a great quiet place to relax.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Philip J
Dear Guest,

We wish to thank you for taking the time to review the 4 Star Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa. Your positive review and return custom is very much appreciated, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not to distant future.

Martina
Letterkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We go to the silver tassie at least once a week it's our wee family treat and iv never been disappointed! I love the chicken fajitas!! The staff are so helpful and friendly, Only down side I'd say is it's a bit expensive but other than that well done:)

Stayed March 2014
Martina R, Director of Sales at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Jan,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to place a review. Delighted that you have visiting on a number of occasions and thank you for the support.

In relation to food costs we currently have a special running all winter. The options available are
Our T-Time Special: 2 courses from our bar food menu for Only €15.00 per person
Restaurant 4 Course Dinner Menu: Only €19.95 on selected Friday nights from January - April 2014.
Hopefully you will have an opportunity to revisit and enjoy some of the above special offerings.

Thanking you in advance.

Ballymoney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel but wished it could have been longer. Excellent service and friendliness from all the staff. Room was uprated to superior and was excellent with nice decor and well finished. Bed was large and very comfortable. Restaurant staff were friendly and helpful, and both breakfast and dinner were delicious. I can honestly say that I could find no faults and would have no problem recommending this hotel for anyone wishing to stay in Co Donegal. Somewhere that I am looking forward to returning to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Martin,

I wish to thank you for your review, I am delighted to know that you are looking forward to a return visit. .

We are very glad that you enjoyed your overall experience while staying with us. It is a please to ready such great reviews and have a team looking after our valued guests so well.