“Very nice food and great atmosphere”

Browns On the Green
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$12 - US$48
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Browns On The Green is the only restaurant in Letterkenny recommended in the Michelin Guide. Sister restaurant of the multi award winning Browns Bonds Hill, the restaurant is situated on the outskirts of the town in Barnhill. Owned by Chef Patron Ian Orr who frequently appears on local and national television showcasing his culinary skills and was named Chef of the Year in 2013. He won Best Chef in Northern Ireland seven times. He has created a range of dining menus with an extensive drinks menu to match. Sunday Lunch is a tradition and the sumptuous three course menu is aimed a offering something for the whole family to enjoy. The restaurant enjoys access to its newly renovated next door bar, Barnhill Bar & Grill, where visitors can enjoy a relaxing casual main course and beverage served with the same Browns standard. Private functions can be catered for and Browns On The Green boasts spectacular views across Lough Swilly.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We ate during stay in Ramelton twice at this restaurant. They offer a great 3-course menu with surprising dishes like duck liver parfait or a great sirloin steak. The menu also gives you an option for fish or starter of the day. The wine list has interesting choices, we had a Australian shiraz that was really nice. The service was very attentive and pleasant. Best restaurant we visited during our stay.

There are newer reviews for Browns On the Green

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This restaurant was a great surprise find. The waiter was so attentive, we had a great table and the menu was great. We were given complimentary sample starter, which was delicious. My fish was cooked perfectly. the steak sandwich perfect. The lunch was light and tasty. We had deserts and they were fabulous. I can't wait to go back in the evening for a romantic meal.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We visited Brown's on the Green on Easter Sunday. It didn't disappoint! Despite being very busy the staff were extremely professional and attentive throughout our meal. The food was cooked to perfection and was absolutely mouthwatering! The set menu was extremely good value at €24.95 for three courses! I will most definitely be returning! Fab restaurant!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Had a fantastic lunch with the family & kids for Mothers Day and highly recommend. Delicious lunch, fab service from all the staff. Location is excellent, very relaxing, very plush and comfortable. All the staff, (Joseph) and the other gentleman, and girls were very helpful with the kids and very hands on. We enjoyed it so much we are going to go back very soon, will do dinner next time. My parents also commented that they would return to Browns. Choice for lunch was excellent and wine list was impressive. See you very soon and thanks all. :)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been to Browns restaurant on a number of occasions now and most recently 22nd March 2014 for my Daughter’s Confirmation
If there is a formula for the perfect restaurant, it would undoubtedly involve plush leather upholstery, soft velvet seating, linen tablecloths, pristine tableware and soft lighting.
On arrival we were greeted very politely and courteously asked if we would like to sit, relax and have a drink before we ate.
The food, service and decor was fit for royalty. In terms of service it was attentive friendly but never intrusive. The staff didn't hang round like vultures but were always on hand when needed. There was a set varied menu which was wonderful as we entertaining 14 people. It was quite amusing to see people finding it difficult as to which mouth watering dish to choose or wanting a taste of everything!
I want to thank everyone for making my Daughter’s Confirmation very special. No wonder so visit a regular basis. I especially want to thank Joseph Mc Carron who made all this happen.
The whole experience at Brown’s on the Green was exceptional, absolutely wonderful and I cannot wait to return. I love good food and was not disappointed in any way at all. A real ten out of ten visit.
To conclude I can only say book a table.

2  Thank Dervalab