“First visit, will be back”

Browns On the Green
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$12 - US$48
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Browns On The Green is the only restaurant in Letterkenny recommended in the Michelin Guide. Sister restaurant of the multi award winning Browns Bonds Hill, the restaurant is situated on the outskirts of the town in Barnhill. Owned by Chef Patron Ian Orr who frequently appears on local and national television showcasing his culinary skills and was named Chef of the Year in 2013. He won Best Chef in Northern Ireland seven times. He has created a range of dining menus with an extensive drinks menu to match. Sunday Lunch is a tradition and the sumptuous three course menu is aimed a offering something for the whole family to enjoy. The restaurant enjoys access to its newly renovated next door bar, Barnhill Bar & Grill, where visitors can enjoy a relaxing casual main course and beverage served with the same Browns standard. Private functions can be catered for and Browns On The Green boasts spectacular views across Lough Swilly.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Myself and my husband had a lovely night out in Brownes on saturday night.The whole experience was great.Wonderful food, excellent staff and the restaurant decor and bar area was very relaxing.The restaurant was busy with a mix of couples and larger groups,young and old.We spent four hours in total in browns and not once were we rushed,I asked for a break after mains and it was no problem.We really enjoyed our night out together, and are looking forward to our next visit.It is very good value for money,and I discovered they do a set 3 course menu early bird on certain nights which is excellent value.

There are newer reviews for Browns On the Green

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my 3rd Trip to Browns on the Green & i have to say it just get's better every time. I had a fabulous meal with my friend,we had the early bird menu which is great value. While waiting for your starter we got offered a choice of homemade breads which was Guiness bread & Raisin bread, both of which were beautiful.I had the Goat's Cheese Tartlet and it was just excellent, i had the Loin of Lamb for mains which was delicious & cooked perfectly. I had the Chocolate Fondant for dessert which is my favourite and the honey comb ice cream just tops it off. The staff are very professional & attentive. I am looking forward to my next trip to Browns.

4  Thank Lorrmcb
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Visited this restaurant for Sunday lunch with my 10 year old. Good choice of all courses. Attentive staff who were there to help in any way. Had duck for main course which was slightly scant after the fat was removed. Set menu of three courses. No mention of teas or coffees. Children's menu pricey for what was on offer. Ordered child's steak with pepper sauce but when the meal arrived there was no sauce. When I asked for the sauce I was informed that there was no pepper sauce only gravy. Not a venue suitable for everyone owing to the number of stairs in this first floor restaurant.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We ate during stay in Ramelton twice at this restaurant. They offer a great 3-course menu with surprising dishes like duck liver parfait or a great sirloin steak. The menu also gives you an option for fish or starter of the day. The wine list has interesting choices, we had a Australian shiraz that was really nice. The service was very attentive and pleasant. Best restaurant we visited during our stay.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This restaurant was a great surprise find. The waiter was so attentive, we had a great table and the menu was great. We were given complimentary sample starter, which was delicious. My fish was cooked perfectly. the steak sandwich perfect. The lunch was light and tasty. We had deserts and they were fabulous. I can't wait to go back in the evening for a romantic meal.