“Decent, centrally located hotel”

Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Dublin
“Decent, centrally located hotel”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Was just stayed one overnight here. Asked for a quiet room so was given a room at the back. Had no view at all (except a nearby wall) but was quiet so can't complain. Everything worked and was nicely appointed. The hotel is in the middle of the main street so everything is fairly convenient. A 5-10 minute walk from the bus station. Letterkenny is very hilly so prepare for uphill walking. Nice stay overall

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
gallaghers1, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Dear dublin MED,
Many thanks for choosing Gallagher's Hotel for your recent visit to Donegal and for your kind comments on all our facilities, we really appreciate it, Many thanks &
Antoinette Coyle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 18 October 2012

i stayed in gallaghers hotel in november 2011 and found it to be a very nice and friendly hotel, modern with some old world charm also, i got one of the best nights sleep ever because of the great black out curtains in the room, let no early morning sunlight in. great central location too, definately reccomend it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Darabrook, thank you,What a lovely review, we are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, yes indeed the curtains are totally blackout and are excellent at providing our guests with a quality nights sleep, hope to welcome you back soon to Letterkenny.
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night in Gallaghers with 16 girls on hen night. We received a warm welcome at reception and they were all organised for us. We had champagne reception and brought bits to decorate the table, which they did a great job of. We had complentary champagne reception before the 2 course meal which was lovely, plenty of everything. Christine in reception had reserved seats for us at a local bar Sister Sarahs, where we were treated to more champagne, she had also organised half price passes for the local night club, Pulse. Breakfast in the morning was fine too, finishes at 10.30am sharp. The only down side was patrons parking is limited & found it a little confusing getting from the carpark to the reception, had to take two different lifts...! All things considered we recieved excellent service start to finish. Thanks to Aisling & Aine who also helped me with the organising.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you Majdave for such a lovely review we really appreciate your comments and were delighted to have your group dine and stay in Gallagher's Hotel,
Dublin,Ireland
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed in this hotel Monday evening to Thursday morning mid August 2012 with my wife and 17 year old daughter. Found the hotel quite reasonably priced for a family room for 3 nights.The deal included bed and breakfast and the breakfast was good- would have prefered self service however the staff served the food as you walked past.Had dinner in the hotel on the first night however found that meal to be quite heavy perhaps ate too late.Had lunch and dinner outside of the Hotel on the other days.The bar was very quite on the first night but there was traditional irish music on the second night with local musicians which was much livlier and was enjoyed by a group of tourists present.The traffic in the town can get very congested due to the one way system which is quite difficult to traverse especially between 4-6 in the evenings.The hotel has its own car park which is good as on street parking in the town is resticted.The town is a long drive from Dublin but we used it as a good base to visit Derry city and Glenveagh National Park and Castle which was worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mr9396
Dear Mr.9396
Thank you so much for your recent review on Gallagher's Hotel we really appreciate all feedback and would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Donegal.
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Stayed in Gallaghers hotel and my experience on Wednesday 12 september is one which I will never forget!
The hotel is in a great central location and nice and clean. Wifi available.
Only ate breakfast in the hotel and Tuesday was a delight so I decided to have my breakfast there Wednesday also. It was my experience of this hotel wednesday that will guarantee me nor anyone I getting speaking to will return!
Waiting staff are exceptional very helpful! And should rewarded for having to cover for a drunken chef! An absolute disgrace to this hotel! I asked if I could have an apple as I couldn't see any fresh fruit on display. The chef, covered in sweat, turned to me and slurred one apple or two whilst laughing. I for one did not find this funny and as I watched on to see the waiting staff sending him upstairs with embarrassment I felt pity!
The chef returned from which was definitely a cigarette as the smell would have knocked a horse out! He didn't wash his hands from what I seen and proceeded to wipe sweat from his brow and with no gloves serve breakfast needless to say the couple he served discussed this behind me and didn't eat very much food.
Management should definitely address this issue as it was appalling! Good hotel shame about the slurring chef!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank John_1987c
gallaghers1, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate our guests taking the time to write a review, I would like to sincerely apologise for your experience at breakfast, and I can assure you this has been addressed and this incident should never have occured. The team in Gallagher's is very focussed on customer care and service. I would like to thank you for your possitive comments on all the other aspects in the hotel.Please do not esitate to contact me in person as I would like to get the opportunity to welcome you back to to restore your faith in Gallagher's Hotel
Please contact me at gm@gallaghershotel.com or TEL.074 9122066.
Many Thanks & Kind Regards,
Antoinette Coyle
General Manager.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here one night recently and received a warm welcome from recepeption. Staff were very friendly. The buffet breakfast was satisfying and fresh. The main restaurant was closed for an evening meal, but the meal in the bar was tasty, though service was on the slow side.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
gallaghers1, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you Marie d for your very positive and kind review on Gallagher's Hotel, the whole team in Gallagher's are focussed on customer care and we strive to deliver this to all our guests, I am delighted you received a warm welcome but I do apologise with food service being a little slow, all our food is cooked to order but we are taking your point on board and have passed it on to the restaurant team.
Many thanks &
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My friends and I stayed in Gallaghers Hotel for one night as we were going into Letterkenny for a night out. The hotel's location was perfect as it was right in the middle of the town and everything was handy to get to. When we checked in, the reception staff were very friendly and checked us in very quickly. When we had queries about the hotel's closing time, they informed us that there was a night porter on duty for us to get back into the hotel (this was really good as we didn't get back to the hotel until 3:30am). I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family as it was very comfortable and very convenient.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same, a double bed with a single bed.