“Very clean, easy to find!”

Station House Hotel Letterkenny
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We got here late at night, after a long day of touring. Staff VERY nice! Room was large, clean, comfortable!!! Great location! Free wifi in room a plus! Would stay here again for sure!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
StationHouseHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Station House Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Rossi

Thank you for your very positive and rewarding feedback. We implement a strict cleanliness policy throughout the hotel and our customer service standards are regularily reviewed, we are delighted with your acknowledgement of these areas. We pride ourselves on our warm and welcoming ambience and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Station House, assuring you of best personal attention at all times

Kindest Regards

Siobhan Barrett- Doherty

Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend for a weekend. The hotel doesnt look like much from the outside (a little bit reserved you might say, and directly across from Dunnes Stores). While unassuming on the outside, the reception to the hotel was bright and airy, but a little too warm (heat-wise).

Once we checked in, we were directed to the lft, which took us to the third floor of the hotel. The rooms overlook either the car park or the road. The road can be a little noisy at night, so I'd recommend the third floor over looking the car park.

The room itself was large, the bathroom too. The decor is simple and cosy, with a safe, kettle and refreshments, television and wifi. I didnt get to use the wifi, but Im not convinced that the signal is very strong - something you might want to check when booking.

The food was amazing - a big surprise as the quality didnt reflect the price. It was top class. My only negative comment was the breakfast room - it lacked in atmosphere - far too corporate.

Staff were excellent - warm and polite - nothing was ever too much for them.

I'd recommend the hotel to couples and families a like.

Room Tip: Away from the road, as it can be a little loud at night (boy racers driving up and down)
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Just home from my one night stay witg a groupon voucher!was a bit worried as I knew the meal choices would be limited however we were able to pick from main menu of the restaurant with discounted prices!the room and bathroom were very clean and found the staff from bar,restaurant and reception very helpful!a bit noisy early in the am with cleaners hoovering on the floor above but a small price to pay for an overall great stay!would recommend this hotel and would be back!!:-)

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Was here on a large stag do and the staff were really helpful, keeping us all under control (and no doubt away from other guests). The hotel is right beside the Main Street so perfectly situated for a visit to Letterkenny. Breakfast was sot-on and overall the price was great.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank John_Denis
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This hotel is perfect for a one night stay in Letterkenny. We checked in and we got one of the corner rooms, with large windows overlooking Letterkenny at one side. Definitely the largest room I've ever been in for an non-upgrade. The toiletries provided are very good, and the staff were more than helpful. I can't fault this hotel or the staff but it's definitely not on the romantic side if a couple is looking for something along those lines! It's close to eveything though, the retail park, the main street and all the local restaurants and pubs! Excellent value too and the most comfortable beds I've slept in, in a long time!!!

Room Tip: Ask for any of the corner rooms (we were in rm 319).... I think there should be 3 corner rooms, much...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Nice room, bathroom great but unfortunately didn't get much sleep.
2am a domestic row started in an ajoining room articles hitting the wall, a male shouting, female screaming and then the relatives arrive and pitch in their bit, doors banging and the shouting continues in the hallway. Eventually it settles down great you say, then at 4am the fire alarm goes off this happens about 3 times and then continued ringing in the distance somewhere in the hotel. Was asked in morning by receptionist if we enjoyed our stay and I said "didn't get much sleep" she appologised about the alarm but I then told her the rest and that she better check the rooms for damage beside us. She thanked me and that was that.
Sorry Station House won't be back for €90 I can get a full nights sleep elsewhere

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank magwll
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights - my OH was not feeling great and so spent most of the time at the hotel, The room was very comfortable - loved the contemporary feel (the floors, the bathroom, the flatscreen TV and the sofa). Good facilities in the room which we used well! Thanks for BBC4 on the TV: managed to watch'Wallander'!
It IS noisy though! Our room faced the busy street = busy right throught he night with what sounded like boy racers whizzing around the corner.
The bar area was just so noisy from the moment we arrived - how the receptionists manage I do not know. (No wonder one was a bit too false with us when we arrived)
Food was OK though the breakfast buffet was plentiful. Would have loved to have been able to get drinks to our room without incurring big room service fees since the bar was so busy and filled with men in suits - a bit daunting for me!
Can I also add that despite everything in the room being great - the coffee was awful. Get kenco or a better brand in!
All in all I would easily recommend this hotel and would indeed return there if I ever found myself in Letterkenny again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple