“Top class food”

Yellow Pepper
Ranked #2 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: THE YELLOW PEPPER ENJOYS THE ULTIMATE CUSTOMERS APPROVAL ITS ALWAYS BUSY. THE RESTAURNT WAS REFURBISHED in 2009 AFTER A REALLY BAD FIRE. IS LOCATED ON THE MAIN STREET CLOSE TO MANY BARS.THE FOOD IS CONTEMPERY WITH A GREAT EMPHAISE ON LOCAL PRODUCE FROM THE OWNERS GARDEN.
“Top class food”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a must visit if visiting Letterkenny. I had one of the many fish dishes on the menu and it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Have dropped one mark for having to wait for about half an hour for a table despite a reservation. Overall, I'll definitely be back.

• Polish first
Seattle, Washington
“Exceptional meal on a rainy evening”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a choice between two restaurants across teh street from one another. We liked the menu of the Yellow Pepper so we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The shared starter was excellent-- warm goat cheese with parma ham wrap-- and garlic mushrooms--My wife had rump of lamb done nicely and I tried the duck--very good and well prepared; Only downside was stir fry vegetables swimming in oil -- overdone. Not as bad as the ubiquitous overcooked broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower that seems omnipresent in Ireish restaurants.

The decor was nice - and the service friendly and excellent.

High marks here

Letterkenny, Ireland
“nice restaurant”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Good food. The staff was attentive to our needs. We were there before the evening rush so it was quiet. Meals were tasty and presentation was nice. We had heard this was a good place to try and it certainly lived up to its reputation.

Visited October 2013
Arranmore, Ireland
“A good decision !”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very nice atmosphere, friendly service and good quality food. Food very well prepared and designed but order a five course meal when you are hungry, Often the the background music ruined the atmosphere (disco dinner)

ireland
“A Little hit and miss!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We recently went here after a pretty long time- our food was fab, I had fish( I think sea bass) with risotto and it was totally yum, we had brought a party of 6 and everybody was happy, there is a nice buzzy atmosphere and we had a great night.

So much so that we brought more friends with us about a month later and were unfortunately disappointed, it must have been a different chef, I ordered slow roast venison which came saturated in a dark gloopy gravy and tasted horrible, inedible. My friend asked for her steak very well done( each to their own!) and it was medium rare at best, nobody raved about their food at all!

It's very busy and maybe that's why but its not cheap and I think we should expect consistency! I'm reluctant to return again in a hurry.

1 Thank wildoatsIreland