“my favorite restaurant in letterkenny”
Review of Yellow Pepper

Yellow Pepper
Ranked #2 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: THE YELLOW PEPPER ENJOYS THE ULTIMATE CUSTOMERS APPROVAL ITS ALWAYS BUSY. THE RESTAURNT WAS REFURBISHED in 2009 AFTER A REALLY BAD FIRE. IS LOCATED ON THE MAIN STREET CLOSE TO MANY BARS.THE FOOD IS CONTEMPERY WITH A GREAT EMPHAISE ON LOCAL PRODUCE FROM THE OWNERS GARDEN.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

went to yellow pepper last week got the tapas again!!! absolutely lovely and very reasonable 10euro for chilli chips, garlic mushrooms, lemon chicken kebab and spicy chicken such a lovely lunch or tea

There are newer reviews for Yellow Pepper

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Love the yellow pepper and go there when we have a special occasion. Great food, beautiful wood interior, and lovely service. Owner has great way with people and makes it all very personal, despite it being regularly busy! Nice buzz about it! My favourite...beef stroganoff!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Group of girls on a weekend away. Ended up eating here on both nights. First night we enjoyed the early bird menu. Excellent value and choice. Second night we splashed out on the a la carte! Food was excellent on both nights. Very friendly staff and excellent service. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I first tried out this restaurant the first night I was in Letterkenny (having moved up for college), after walking through the town and getting to know the place my family and I decided to dine in at this restaurant after being recommended it by my estate agent.

That first experience was a delight, the staff were polite, the restaurant had a buzz around it but was not over crowded and we were able to enjoy a relaxing evenings dinner.

I ordered the soup which came with a most delicious offering of a dark brown bread, of a type I'd never sampled before. The soup was nice, though it was just soup. I then had a chicken main which was delicious, with the chicken cooked perfectly and the sauce and spices blended harmoniously. My parents ordered steak and salmon respectively and enjoyed they're meals, though I feel I drew the lucky straw with mine as they weren't as gushing with compliments over their meals as I.

We were treated to a delightful red wine to accompany our meal (to my regret I do not remember the name) and my father was happy to discover they served Harp as opposed to the more common Guinness.

We left happy and full.

The second time I ventured there, and the times since, however have been somewhat of a disappointment. Perhaps we were lucky the first time in that the restaurant was not overly busy so the chef could focus on our meals properly. Whenever I have gone back the restaurant has been packed with people - surely a reflection of the fine food - but the staff have been slow to come to our table and less welcoming. I ordered the same chicken dish as I had had before, excited because I remembered it being delicious, but unfortunately it was not the sumptuous perfectly flavoured meal I remembered. The chicken was over cooked and I feel not the best of quality either. My companions with me since my 1st visit have not been overly impressed either, the food is fine, good even, but just that. There is nothing special about it as the constantly running TV ad in the background would have you believe.

Still, all in all it is a nice restaurant to eat in and the food is of a decent quality, I just wish that it was consistently the same standard. A nice place to go for a family meal or with friends, and the selection of wines is extremely varied.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had an evening meal here on 09/05/14 we eat out a lot and this is one of the best meal experiences we have had. The food was fabulous the ambience in the place was great and the staff were very attentive if you are visiting Letterkenny as we were make sure you visit this restaurant.