We had our wedding at The K Club at the end of April and could not have imagined it anywhere else. We also could not recommend it enough to anyone else planning their special day. One of the reasons we chose the venue apart from the beautiful grounds and excellent choice of packages on offer, was Susie, the co-ordinator who was flawless from the first initial meeting until the end of the day. She accomodated every detail and every request without pause or hesitation and even last minute hicuups and changes were never an issue. Her approachability and flexibility were one of the biggest selling points. I must also commend Lisa and the rest of the staff for their professionalism on the day. You all took any ounce of stress out of the planning and made the day flow wonderfully.
In terms of the venue the setting of the grounds and the hotel itself were idyllic. I played golf, had a beautiful 3 course dinner and stayed the night before thanks to an excellent rate given to me when booking which was a great way to enjoy the most from the hotel. The pool, spa and fitness facilities were also outstanding as everyone commented on them the next day. The bridal suite was also breath taking.
We had a civil ceremony of 42 guests in the hotel and the intimacy, feel and layout were all outstanding. We went with an all inclusive package which was excellent value and meant we didn't have to worry about organising anything else. The whole day was perfect and we could not have asked for a more special place to have the happiest day of our lives,
Thanks again to everybody at The K Club and we hope to see you again very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The K Club, Ireland's First AA 5 Red Star Hotel, is located in the heart of the idyllic Irish countryside on the banks of the River Liffey in Straffan, Co.Kildare This long standing member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts offers the very best of pampering, leisure and golf facilities and is only 30 minutes from Dublin. Built in 1832, on the banks of the River Liffey, the original house was modelled on a French Chateau and still retains many of its original architectural features, art work and antiques. It opened as a luxury hotel in 1991 and was Ireland's first AA Five Red Star Property. To this day it continues to deliver the very highest levels of service and standards in terms of its food and beverage offerings, golf, leisure and spa treatments. The mature estate covers an impressive 550 acres and also features a stunning Victorian walled garden and fishing on the River Liffey which runs through the resort. The resident ghillees offer fly fishing on the river and horse riding and clay pigeon shooting are also available along with a range of different country pursuits. The K Club is home to two Championship Golf Courses- The Palmer Ryder Cup Course and the Palmer Designed Smurfit Course. Hailed among the world's finest golf resorts, The K Club was the chosen venue for the 2006 Ryder Cup and host to the European Open from 1995 to 2007. The K Spa, at The K Club, offers a wide variety of treatments for both men and women. The K Spa is an oasis of calm. The minimalist and contemporary decor sets the scene for pure indulgence and mind and body relaxation. The K Spa also features a secluded outdoor hot tub, aromatic herb garden, seven luxurious treatment rooms, two private suites, a Hamam, a Hydrobath, a Vichey Shower and an exotic Rasul Chamber. One of the spa products used at the spa includes, Voya which is made from organically certified seaweed, hand picked from the west coast of Ireland. A range of award winning dining facilities are available to choose from and include both fine dining and informal options. Our Accommodation is sumptuous and truly luxurious, each bedroom has been individually designed, no two rooms are alike and feature original paintings and antiques, meanwhile the bathrooms incorporate hand painted murals. Culture enthusiasts can enjoy regular art talks and tours of The K Clubs extensive private art and antiques collection with the resident art expert. The K Club is home to many important Irish works and even has a room dedicated to the Irish Expressionist painter, J. B Yeats. The Yeats Room features many of Yeats' important paintings and is a riot of colour and texture. Wine cellar tours are also available with our resident sommelier. Families are well catered for and children will love the kids club which offers arts and crafts, nature walks and games. Children will also enjoy using the swimming pool and junior golf clinics which run during the summer. A baby sitting service is also available upon request. The K Club is the ideal country venue for business and leisure travellers, families, weddings and honey mooners, incentive groups, executive retreats and of course, golfers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The K Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The k Club Hotel Straffan
- k Hotel Straffan
- The K Club Ireland/Straffan, County Kildare