The K Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Little Acre(Newcastle)
1,013 results
All reviewsryder cupgolf coursethai restaurantlegends restaurantdrawing roomroom restaurantstar hotelbeautiful hotelthe main hotelarnold palmerstar servicechristmas treeplay golfthe outdoor hot tubbeautiful roomafternoon teastunning grounds
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just returned from a brief (one night) stay at this beautiful hotel. The building itself is elegant and luxurious, the bedrooms are well equipped and very comfortable and the public areas are beautiful. We didnt have dinner here, but we had a fantastic afternoon tea ( which was delicious) and breakfast there. Breakfast was a leisurely affair, and I was glad I had the time to sample the delicious array of fruit, meats, cheeses cereals and pastries.

The best thing about this hotel however, was probably the staff. They were so professional, courteous and friendly, and they really couldn't do enough for us during our stay. Will definitely be returning !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SerenaBryans
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear SerenaBryans

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay . It is a pleasure to read your kind positive words of our staff, who constantly strive to exceeds our customers expectations.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I spent one Saturday night at this very elegant establishment. We didnt realise what we were going to but it out lived any impression we may have had. Much to the envy of all our friends it is one of the most desirable places we have stayed. From the moment we stepped through the door to check in and check out the service was 5 star. The fine dining in the River restaurant was relaxing and food divine. The largest spread of breakfast we have had for years and the attentiveness of the staff was outstanding. Just two wee points to raise and they are in the beautiful room (44)the old sash windows have seen better days with the wind howling through them. They had been fastened with a wood wedge but because we were there on a stormy night the curtains and blinds swung in the draught so we had a night of banging wooden frames. Secondly, the turn down service was excellent however a chocolate on the pillow wouldn't go amiss! We would like to go again later in the year.

Room Tip: Room 44 looks out over the grounds and the river Liffey. Very spacious and well furnished.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MCCN1
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear MCCN1

Many thanks for your kinds review. We do appreciate the time that you have taken to post your wonderful review. It is very satisfying to read that your enjoyed the service here with us as we constantly strive to exceed our guests expectations.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I arrived after booking a 2 night winter package for a room that would cost double in summer, with an included dinner. We were concerned about the cost as it was at the end of a month long holiday and we were running out of money but we went ahead and put it on the credit card. Best decision of the whole trip.

We took the bus in from Dublin and walked to the hotel (silly move on our part, the walk was much longer than expected) and got picked up by the concierge halfway up the drive. He was incredibly friendly and told us we should have just called and they would have picked us up from the stop. We arrived a good few hours before check in was available but the staff rushed to find us the next available room and offered us tea in the drawing room. Service like this continued the entire stay, with everyone being friendly, courteous, and eager to make you as happy as possible.

Each day we made use of all the facilities, going fishing, shooting, riding, and to the spa. Everyone involved was spectacular in service and I would not hesitate to redo any of these, and insist that if you stay here you really should too, as it would really be a missed opportunity if you did not.

The room in which we stayed was almost ludicrous. The bathroom was enormous, the bed perfect, and everything immaculate. I can't imagine what the luxury suites must be like if this was the cheapest! Beautiful views of the garden and the Liffey as well.

Dinner in the river room was superb, absolutely perfect 5 star dining. Breakfast was splendid as well though the bacon did suffer from standard buffet issue of drying out, though that is really unavoidable.

All in all, the hotels was immaculate and grand beyond belief, and the staff the best I have encountered anywhere, in any industry, ever. They were even happy to drive us around to activities after we had checked out, and we're so friendly they didn't want us to go!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank allie308

Dear Allie308

We appreciate you taking the time for reviewing your recent stay. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and got to experience so much of what The K Club has to offer.

Thank your for choosing us as your final destination in Ireland allowing us to finish your holiday off on a positive note. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I have had the pleasure over the years to stay at many fine hotels worldwide, but I can honestly say that I will be hard pushed to find a finer 5* hotel than the K Club. Staff, Facilities, Food absolutley outstanding.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stewart T

Dear Stewart T

Many thanks for your kind review on your recent stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again to stay in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked for a weekend in february and I have to say that the booking process was simple and effective, with the nice touch of a good follow up email etc.

Hotel complex is very impressive and we were in Room 67. two things let the overall experience down a bit: a) a poor TV, which for a 5* was suprising [not that we needed to watch it as there is lots to do] and b) the drain smell from the bathroom. The latter needs sorting asap. Both points detract from the overall experience.

The outstanding part was the service, from front of house to the restaurants to the facilities staff. Nothing was too much trouble. We decided to take the bus into Dublin and Brendan, one of the facilities not only explained where and what to do he kindly drove us to the bus stop and also advised us to give him him a call if we needed a pick up in the evening: unexpected but excellent.

Food was great - the main restaurant has the "fancy" element and very good but don't forget "Legends" down at the golf club: some excellent food and service there as well. if you don't fancy a 5 minute walk there is always the offer of transport.

the Pro Shop is pretty well stocked and worth seeing for the Ryder Cup memorabillia and again, the guys there are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scooterboy_10

Dear Scooterboy_10

Thank you for taking the time and effort to review your recent stay with us her at The K Club. Firstly let me apologise for your disappointment with your room. Rest assured I will be following this up with both our Accomodation and Maintenance department to ensure that these problems are rectified.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service that we provided during your stay and that Brendan stood out to you. I would hope that I have the pleasure in welcoming you back again the near future.