The K club is an impressive golf resort hotel which was converted from an old Irish stately home.
The rooms are large with great king size beds and large bathrooms. We ate in the Arnold Palmer club house and had an enjoyable meal there.
The staff were friendly.
However, it's not really a 5 star like it claims to be. I've stayed in a few 5 star hotels over the years (and been lucky enough to have someone else pay most of the time) and in them you feel the staff are all ready to anticipate your every need from the moment you arrive. The K club does not have that level of staffing. That in no way means there was anything unpleasant with my stay nor do I care much for 5 star service. I just mean to say it's not quite up to the level it aspires to be so if your used to paying top price and getting commensurate service, the k club probably won't deliver. Otherwise, if your looking for an impressive place to stay with 2 championship golf courses, you'll have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The K Club, Ireland's First AA 5 Red Star Hotel, is located in the heart of the idyllic Irish countryside on the banks of the River Liffey in Straffan, Co.Kildare This long standing member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts offers the very best of pampering, leisure and golf facilities and is only 30 minutes from Dublin. Built in 1832, on the banks of the River Liffey, the original house was modelled on a French Chateau and still retains many of its original architectural features, art work and antiques. It opened as a luxury hotel in 1991 and was Ireland's first AA Five Red Star Property. To this day it continues to deliver the very highest levels of service and standards in terms of its food and beverage offerings, golf, leisure and spa treatments. The mature estate covers an impressive 550 acres and also features a stunning Victorian walled garden and fishing on the River Liffey which runs through the resort. The resident ghillees offer fly fishing on the river and horse riding and clay pigeon shooting are also available along with a range of different country pursuits. The K Club is home to two Championship Golf Courses- The Palmer Ryder Cup Course and the Palmer Designed Smurfit Course. Hailed among the world's finest golf resorts, The K Club was the chosen venue for the 2006 Ryder Cup and host to the European Open from 1995 to 2007. The K Spa, at The K Club, offers a wide variety of treatments for both men and women. The K Spa is an oasis of calm. The minimalist and contemporary decor sets the scene for pure indulgence and mind and body relaxation. The K Spa also features a secluded outdoor hot tub, aromatic herb garden, seven luxurious treatment rooms, two private suites, a Hamam, a Hydrobath, a Vichey Shower and an exotic Rasul Chamber. One of the spa products used at the spa includes, Voya which is made from organically certified seaweed, hand picked from the west coast of Ireland. A range of award winning dining facilities are available to choose from and include both fine dining and informal options. Our Accommodation is sumptuous and truly luxurious, each bedroom has been individually designed, no two rooms are alike and feature original paintings and antiques, meanwhile the bathrooms incorporate hand painted murals. Culture enthusiasts can enjoy regular art talks and tours of The K Clubs extensive private art and antiques collection with the resident art expert. The K Club is home to many important Irish works and even has a room dedicated to the Irish Expressionist painter, J. B Yeats. The Yeats Room features many of Yeats' important paintings and is a riot of colour and texture. Wine cellar tours are also available with our resident sommelier. Families are well catered for and children will love the kids club which offers arts and crafts, nature walks and games. Children will also enjoy using the swimming pool and junior golf clinics which run during the summer. A baby sitting service is also available upon request. The K Club is the ideal country venue for business and leisure travellers, families, weddings and honey mooners, incentive groups, executive retreats and of course, golfers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The K Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The k Club Hotel Straffan
- k Hotel Straffan
- The K Club Ireland/Straffan, County Kildare