“Relaxing break”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Straffan
Co. Armagh
“Relaxing break”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times now and although would say it is more 4star than 5, we have always enjoyed our break. The staff throughout the hotel our fantastic and food is very tasty. The spa is luxurious although when I went for a pedicure I was really disappointed to be in the middle of the noisy hair salon rather than one of the tranquil spa rooms. Luckily the therapist delivered a first class treatment.
Outdoor hot tub and facilities really good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank McAlindens
Dear McAlindens

Thank you for your kind review on your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you found both your room and your food enjoyable.

I am disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your pedicure in our K Spa. This is something I will look into, because delivering a 5 star treatment is something that we strive to perfect. I hope that didn't take away from your overall experience of your visit.

I hope that we get to welcome you back again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Wicklow
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The K club is an impressive golf resort hotel which was converted from an old Irish stately home.
The rooms are large with great king size beds and large bathrooms. We ate in the Arnold Palmer club house and had an enjoyable meal there.
The staff were friendly.

However, it's not really a 5 star like it claims to be. I've stayed in a few 5 star hotels over the years (and been lucky enough to have someone else pay most of the time) and in them you feel the staff are all ready to anticipate your every need from the moment you arrive. The K club does not have that level of staffing. That in no way means there was anything unpleasant with my stay nor do I care much for 5 star service. I just mean to say it's not quite up to the level it aspires to be so if your used to paying top price and getting commensurate service, the k club probably won't deliver. Otherwise, if your looking for an impressive place to stay with 2 championship golf courses, you'll have a great time.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Arthursbunch
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Arthursbunch

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, however I am disappointed that we failed to meet all your expectations. I would like to assure you that I will take your comments on board and address them accordingly, thank you for your feedback.

I hope we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back again on your next trip

Regards
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed three nights. Enjoyed great meals, fabulous golf at Palmer Ryder's Cup Course and Smurfit Golf Courses. Our suite Number 53 was very nice. The staff was attentive and nice. We would love to come back again and I hope we can.

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite 53 and liked it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cordpar
Dear cordpar

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The K Club. It is great to read how much your enjoyed your golf with us here, and that you found your suite to your satisfaction.

I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to The K Club again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A group of us girls were at the K-Club Spa last week for treatments and light lunch. Upon arrival the staff could not have been anymore friendly and nice. We each a treatment and then we could relax in the pool, outdoor hot tub and jacuzzi. The Light lunch afterwards was lovely also.
We all said afterwards how nice the staff was and how were enjoyed the treatments.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle B
Dear Michelle B

Thank you for your recent review on our K Spa. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both your treatments and your lunch.

It is a pleasure to read also that you found out staff friendly. It is something that we pride ourselves on here at The K Club.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A group of us stayed in this fantastic golf resort recently and loved every moment of it! The resort boasts of 2 golf championship courses, including the venue for the 2006 Ryder Cup matches, and a magnificent hotel & spa. I'll admit on arriving to the resort I had high expectations, however I was actually blown away by the end of our stay. Our normal day included breakfast in the clubhouse followed by 18 holes on the Palmer Course or the Smurfit Course. The golf courses were in immaculate condition and far superior than any others we visited around the country on our trip, fairways, greens, etc. The level of service also deserves a mention, I found the staff around the golf area were just brilliant! They were so friendly and really gave us all the help we could of asked for. Also worth a mention is the fine memorabilia from the 2006 Ryder Cup they have scattered around the place. It truly was a thoroughly enjoyable golf experience at the k club and I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank John H
Surrey
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful stay at this fab hotel, the only negative I have to say is I wish I could have stayed longer!
If you enjoy golf or your husband / partner does(like mine) then this is the place for you. I enjoyed the serenity of the Spa / swimming pool area relaxing while my husband enjoyed playing on the Palmer course which he truly enjoyed, the following day he played at the Smurfit course which he said is another totally different experience.
The green fee for the Palmer course is 95 euro, the Smurfit 70euro I think. This is a special price for residence guests.If you decide to play golf I would recommend you play at both courses.
We arrived early 11am as my husband had a tee time booked for 11.20am, there was no problem with me taking myself into the Spa while our room was getting ready, check out time is 12.00. We had a lovely room overlooking the golf course, the bed was so comfortable and the pillows like cotton wool!
We had a light lunch at the Legends restaurant which is at the clubhouse of the Palmer golf course, we paid 5 star prices! A prawn & salmon open sandwich costs 15.95 euro, a portion of chips(not homemade) 4.95 euro, pint of heineken 6 euro and a glass of white wine 8.75
We dined in the River Room restaurant and enjoyed a nice 3 course dinner which was very nice, the breakfast was self service apart from your eggs they are cooked to order.
The grounds are amazing and very well kept. The staff are all very friendly and nothing is too much trouble, you are always greeted with a smile and a nice greeting.
The Spa area is lovely I did not have a treatment but my husband had a signature body message 55 mins 130 euro, he was a little disappointed. He was held up on the golf course a slow group in front of him as a result he was late (15mins) for his treatment, the lady quickly pointed out to him his treatment would not be the full duration as she had another person booked in after him.
We felt the issue could have been dealt with a little more diplomatic! He enjoyed it but felt it was rushed, he was not offered any water afterwards, we sat in reception for 15mins drinking water and nobody arrived for their appointment! The therapist was inside reception area until we left.He was not offered to relax in a relaxing room after his treatment which I found a bit puzzling perhaps there is no such facility here, just glad I didn't waste my money on any treatments.
The pool is very nice an outdoor hot tub, steam room and sauna, there was a good selection of sunbeds, the pool area was not crouded at any time. There is a nice modern gym with plenty of cross trainers etc, we did not use the gym.
Would I return to the K Club, most definately, we had a wonderful stay, thanks to all the lovely friendly staff. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Book your tee time as the golf courses gets busy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SurreyAnn
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear SurreyAnn

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The K Club. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed it so much you wanted to stay longer .

I am disappointed to read that your husband didn't enjoy his treatment as much as he should of. Rest assured I will follow this up with our team in the K Spa. I hope that this didn't detract from your overall stay.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The K Club again in the near future.

Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Beautiful surroundings, nice rooms.
Menu not what you would expect from a 5 Star hotel, service friendly, waiters and chef lousy
Dirty windows all over the hotel.
We very very disapointed for the money.

Room Tip: All the rooms, after what we could see , was fine
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anne B
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Anne B

Regards

Audrey Brophy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Straffan
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
#2 of 2 in Straffan
Lawlors Hotel
Lawlors Hotel
#1 of 5 in Naas

Been to The K Club? Share your experiences!