The K Club
Springfield Hotel(Leixlip)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$171
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,012 results
All reviewsryder cupgolf coursethai restaurantlegends restaurantdrawing roomroom restaurantstar hotelbeautiful hotelthe main hotelarnold palmerstar servicechristmas treeplay golfthe outdoor hot tubbeautiful roomafternoon teastunning grounds
Reviewed 12 May 2010

On a recent visit to the K Club for an over night stay I was blown away by the elegance and attention to detail we experienced in all areas of the hotel from Spa to restaurant to accommodation. The purpose for our stay was relaxation and that we surely did! I did not want to leave! On check in two very friendly porters came to our assistance in the carpark when they saw our car pull up. They kindly took our bags and announced our arrival at reception. Our check in was most pleasant and completely hassle free. The receptionist was very polite and professional and made us feel very welcome. we were chilling out in rooms in no time. The rooms we stayed in were very luxurious with a unique antique style. I personally loved it as did my friends travellling with me. Despite the rooms being old, in style, the cleanliness was second to none. I worked in the hotel industry for some time and I am well aware of cleanliness and maintanence, for such an old building it certainly ticked all the boxes in the presentation department.
Our Spa experience was very pleasant again with very helpful staff guiding us through all the facilities. I loved the outdoor hottub! I was amazed at the number of families staying at the K club over the weekend and how extremely child friendly the hotel is. Some thing to take note of for my next visit. We were completely relaxed after our treatments and needed to unwind a bit before dinner. We delayed our dinner reservation by an hour without any hassle and were yet again greeted by professional welcoming staff on our arrival. The food was top notch! Breakfast the next morning was on a par with dinner. The only problem was I was still so full from dinner the night before I couldnt manage half as much as I wanted to! The buffet was continuously being replenished by the diligent waiters and waitresses. The presentation and selection was mouthwateringly good! Check out was hassel free and accurate, each item was present and accounted for. The all inclusive deal we chose was excellent value for money and I would spend it again tomorrow for the same experience! I had priced other similar venues in the area and none came anywhere close to the quality and service and value for money we recieved at the K club.Over all I would rate the K -club very highly. It was pure bliss! A destination I will most certainly be returning to very soon.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire77Cork
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I recently had a wonderful stay in The K Club Co.Kildare with friends. On arrival we were met with warm staff and immediately felt at home despite imposing grand surroundings. This hospitality extended to the bar and restaurant staff included. The Hotel is truly beautiful and with extensive well maintained grounds which included a lovely walled garden, and adjacent spa for top notch pampering.

All in all a fabulous stay which included a fantastic meal on our one night stay in large high ceilinged room / huge double bed / bathroom. Look forward to treating ourselves again in this idillic escape from Dublin.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank DublinHerb
Reviewed 10 May 2010

From the moment we walked in the door of this beautiful building, we were looked after to the highest degree. Absolutely stunning hotel & grounds, the staff were lovely, the twin room was spacious with a huge bathroom, the cocktail bar had every tipple you could dream of, dinner in the River Room was unforgettable (would highly recommend the prawns in garlic butter and the succulent fillet steak!), the spa facilities were lovely, and a walk around the grounds is a must. Truly the highest standard of excellence that I've experienced! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank irisholympian
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Wonderful location. Relaxation personified! Charming service . Very child friendly. Delicious food. Spa excellent, golf course immaculate. We rebooked on depature. A weekend break felt like a week.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank billjimjoe
Reviewed 6 May 2010

This is my first tripadvisor review and was prompted by one of the worst experiences I have had in a luxury hotel. The place looks like it is falling apart, paint peeling, worn carpets, invisible staff (though haughty when I saw them), difficulty to get treatments in the spa, poor and expensive food, the road on the way in patched in several places, and interminable waits for service. I am puzzled by the "five black house" rating in the Red Guide. I am also puzzled by the glowing reviews which the K Club has received (down below) - I think burma26 has got it right - "This place is 5 star for people who normally go on camping holidays." What I cannot understand is how things went so wrong - I was here several years ago (long before the Ryder Cup) and it was great. There was a really friendly manager who was always bouncing around and the food was excellent. I asked some Irish friends after leaving as to what was up but no-one really had an idea - seemingly one of the owners is selling up. Hopefully a new owner will shake things up, but I will not be a customer again.

• Stayed: April 2010