“Best Christmas party”

Lakeside Hotel and Leisure Centre
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Killaloe
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Went to killaloe last Sunday for our Xmas party, the lakeside hotel was fantastic, the food was beautiful n the staff were fantastic, they couldn't have done more to make sure we had a great night, thanks to Eoin and all the crew, thanks guys we will be back!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for Lakeside Hotel and Leisure Centre

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here last weekend in November. The staff were really friendly and very helpful. We stayed in a lake view room which was lovely. Food was very good at breakfast and dinner. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gannyr
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel, I was attending a wedding here and I could not believe how beautiful it was. Bright and airy with wonderful views and nice staff. Parking is limited near the entrance with more parking off set down a steep hill tough to walk up in heels. Nice hotel, would return again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I genuinely don't know where to start about the Lakeside. From the minute my now husband and I walked in the door to have our meeting with courtney till now and probably beyond we love this place. We had our wedding there and when we booked it it was a) because there is a slide in the pool and b) because courtney and Sinead and Gillian and Eoin and all the other staff are just amazing we really felt we had to book becasue there was no pressure and it was really like just meeting friends. From then on any little questioins I had or questions they had was done with such ease it was like chatting with buddies. Our guests had a great day all I did was relax and laugh knowing that Aishling and Courtney had everything in hand. Even down to the staff on the day all wearing the little brooches that I had made for the wedding and had left over it made everything so personal and special. I can't believe my wedding is over but I really feel that I have made a connection with the hotel and they will be seeing a lot more from us over the years!!
Location, Staff, Food, Room, Efficiency. Friendliness, Comfort and good pints! the whole package 100% a home from home
Love you all
xx
Especially Jane and her manager in the Leisure centre that let us go down the said slide as requested

Room Tip: Be prepared to relax and have the craic. Sinead in reservations is a legend and so helpful and the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were fortunate enough to have our wedding at this Hotel in October and I can honestly say it was the best day of my life! The staff could not have done any more to make our day more memorable. From when we first came to view the hotel in October 2012 right up until our wedding day the staff were wonderful. Some of our family members stayed in the hotel on the night before and after the wedding and all commented on how helpful, professional and courteous all your staff members were .On the wedding day itself your staff could not have done any more to make the day run so smoothly. The food was amazing and we got great feedback from all our guests. The setting is amazing and the function room is lovely, bright and spacious. A massive thanks to Courtney who was so easy to deal with and did all the extra little things which I has asked no problem at all and was always and the end of the phone or e-mail if i had a question.Finally thanks to Aisling for making everything so seamless and easy for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We ate here on a recent trip to Killaloe. Lovely setting. The food was really good. There were four of us and we all had something different and every dish was great. Staff were very friendly with a bit of good banter. Didnt stay here but would definately recommend the food. Will stay when we are in this area again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel as a wedding guest - maybe its because I was let down but a wedding a week earlier but this location is amazing. I can't speak to the rooms as I didn't stay but the food and service at the wedding was second to none. From the lovely touch of a photo of the newly weds on the menus to the mini fish and ships at the evening buffet it was a pleasure. I had the deconstructed duck spring roll to start - I would have just been happy with this for the day it was beautiful - and hake for mains. I'm not a big fish eater as it is cooked so badly in so many places but not here - it was meaty, firm and flaky and delicious. The staff were very attentive without being intrusive and quick to deal with all requests. The only hiccup seemed to be the lack of change in both bars but really nothing to complain about. All in all I would recommend the Lakeside to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killaloe
The Killaloe Hotel & Spa
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Bunratty Castle Hotel
Bunratty Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to Lakeside Hotel and Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!