“Excellent”
Review of The Bayview

The Bayview
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kilkee
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had Dinner in the new Restaurant on Good Friday.Manager and staff could not have been more helpful.
Fantastic views overlooking the Bay.
Had the scallops for starter and Black Sole for main course.The presentation and quality were excellent.
Will be back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Carniva,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Pier @The Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear that the food and service were both to your standard. As one of the first people to try The Pier, it means a lot that you hold it in such high regard!
Thank you once again for your custom and your recommendation, I look very forward to welcoming you again in future!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Three of us stayed here in April. I requested that my dad have a ground floor room, and myself and my daughter shared a room on the first floor. (Rooms 16 and 17) Our room was enormous! 2 double beds and a single, plus armchairs in the bay windows to enjoy the lovely views towards the beach across the road.

The décor in the reception areas and in the breakfast rooms were lavish and we enjoyed the lovely lamps, chandeliers and ornaments. I would be worried if I had small children!

Breakfast was excellent. A great menu with plenty to choose from. Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs was a favourite, whilst my dad favoured the traditional Irish Breakfast. My daughter was happy with cereal, toast and mixed fruit.

Hickies bar was welcoming and we were able to sit in the side bar with my daughter as the main bar was for adults after 7 pm. The live music in the bar did not disturb our sleep at all. The locals were welcoming and the staff very helpful.

We certainly hope to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaq41

Dear Jaq41,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Bay View so glowingly, it genuinely means a lot to us! I'm glad that you found the décor in-house to be tasteful, the small kids usually can't reach the chandelier so that's okay! I'm also delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your breakfast with us, the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs is always a favourite! I'm happy that we could accommodate your daughter in the back bar.

Thank you once again for your custom and your recommendation, I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again in future!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had dinner Sunday night at the new "Pier View Restaurant" and will definitely be back. The staff, food and over all experience was second to none. Fresh local menu in ideal setting overlooking Kilkee bay this new restaurant is a big plus to Kilkee. Complimentary fresh home cooked bread was wholesome brown and a white with hints of tomatoe, delicious!!! The fish cake starters and accompanying salad and dressing were presented beautifully and tasted superb. Mains were ordered from the specials for the night, melody of fresh fish and again top marks for presentation, taste and cooked to perfection. Sides were fresh boiled baby potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, again all fresh and superb.
Beautiful range of fresh home made desserts and being able to order from the bar is a real plus too. Definitely worth a visit, this family run local bar and restaurant will be a real hit. Great service and value for money, cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John O

Dear John,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Pier @ The Bay View, it means a lot to us! I'm delighted to hear that you felt The Pier was a welcome addition to the restaurant scene in West Clare! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our fantastic, fresh, local food. All of our food is farm to fork/sea to plate so I'm delighted you can taste the freshness in it! I'm also happy that our service was to your standard and the meal wasn't too hard on the wallet!

Thank you once again for your custom and your glowing recommendation, I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again in future!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Only opened on 11th April 2014 The Pier Restaurant at Bay View B&B in Kilkee is a fantastic new place to eat in Kilkee. The Menu is excellent and very good value for money. The décor is very relaxing and clean and nothing is too much trouble for the owners and staff alike. I can not recommend it highly enough. Thank you for the excellent service. As resident of Kilkee I did not stay at the B&B.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank janetaManchster

Dear Janet,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Pier, here at the Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear that everything was to your liking, as one of our first guests, that makes me very happy! I will pass on your compliments to the staff.

Thank you once again for your custom and your recommendation, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast will set you up for two days never mind one! The rooms are clean and even thou they face onto the street, you hear very little noise. The price is extremely good for what you get.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Niamh,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted that the service and the the breakfast were to your standard. I'm happy to hear that you felt the Bay View wasn't too hard on your purse!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed for two nights and didn't expect the high quality. We had the two family rooms and they were actually suites. Beautiful white sheets and quality furniture . Beautiful views. Excellent for families. Great breakfast with great staff. Would definitely recommend and look forward to going back. Thank you .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicola S
jhick, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Dear Nicola,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Bay View. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the room size and décor, and the breakfast and service.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here in February and found it to be a wonderful place with great food and friendly people.

Even though there had been some strong storms that effected the town the staff maintain excellence throughout our stay here.

I would love to return in the summer and would find it an ideal place to stay again .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
jhick, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Dear Wilko50,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, I'm sorry to hear the time of year that you visited, however I'm happy that our staff made you forget the storm outside.

John Hickie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkee
Stella Maris Hotel
Vaughan Lodge
Vaughan Lodge
#1 of 5 in Lahinch
Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel

Been to The Bayview? Share your experiences!