“What a Welcome!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Kilkee B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“What a Welcome!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Staying at Nolan's was a highlight of our trip. After cycling all day in lashing rain, 7 of us descended upon Ann, dripping wet and chilled. She welcomed us warmly and got us settled into our rooms. We were pretty tired and not up for walking into town for dinner so she helped us order pizzas and salad and drove my husband into the town center to pick everything up. The next night we walked into town and her recommendation for dinner at Naughton's was excellent. Our rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable. The breakfast offerings were plentiful and delicious. Ann really opened her home to us and went out of her way to make sure we were well cared for. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Limerick
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Me and my husband spent 4 days in Kilkee and stayed at Nolan;s B&B. We had a lovely stay at Nolan's. Ann is always very pleasant and caring host and very helpful in any queries regarding nice spots to visit in Kilkee and surrounding areas. Breakfast was great. Her rooms are always clean and comfortable.
I would highly recommend it to anyone who would like to stay in the Kilkee area.

Nora and Colm

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Me and my wife spent 2 days in Dublin and the rest road-tripping Ireland (3 of the 6 nights happened to be in multi-star hotels).
Nolan's B&B in Kilkee ticked all my wishlist boxes. Easy to find by travelling just by an average road map. Warm reception, tea and very good cakes upon arrival after a tiring drive. Very generous breakfast and super-polite service (sincere at the same time - not ovet-the-top at all). Very helpful people for advice. Rooms were clean, very nicely furbished and decorated - nothing too much and nothing lacking.
The place felt like arriving home - the only place during the whole trip where I felt like taking off my shoes as I entered through the front door.
And I am considering one of those electric blankets myself now :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I'm hard pushed to fault this B&B. I was up pretty early and possibly before the hot water was switched on so I had to spend an extra 15 minutes in bed. Hardly a complaint. Which reminds me, the bed was very comfortable, I had a great night sleep. And the host is very nice and the breakfast was the best I've had in a long time. Will definitely try to stay here again.

Room Tip: It was a cold night so I was put in a room with an electric blanket. Jackpot!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank robscott101
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Nolan's B&B in Kilkee, numerous times. We keep going back there because it is such a nice place. Our most recent stay was in February 2013. Ann Nolan is always a gracious and caring host. Her rooms are always, clean and comfortable, and a joy to stay in. Breakfast is always good. It is close to town and easy to find. I highly recommend it to anyone who would like to stay in the Kilkee area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kensington, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2012

While on a bike tour of western Ireland, friends and I stayed briefly at Nolan's B&B. This is a short walk from the center of Kilkee, which has a breathtakingly beautiful surrounding coastline. The clean accommodations were marvelous: comfortable beds, up-to-date bathrooms with plentiful hot water for the shower, and good food. Ann was very nice and helpful, allowing use of the phone and giving very useful guidance regarding bus service, which stops right in front of the B&B! Nolan's ranks with the top B&Bs we stayed at in Ireland (or any place else for that matter).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We stopped over at Kilkee for just one night. Mrs. Nolan welcomed us and showed us around the place. The room was nice and clean and the offered tea and cake upon arrival was just a lovely touch. As it was kind of low season we were nearly the only person in Kilkee but found it just great for a stop over. Thanks a lot. We hope to come back one day:-)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkee
The Bayview
Hilltop Bed & Breakfast
The Tides B&B
The Tides B&B
#1 of 21 in Ballybunion

Been to Nolan's B&B? Share your experiences!