“Surfing it up on the West Coast!”

Nevsail Watersports
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Surfing it up on the West Coast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Thanks to the Nevsail crew for a fab few days surfing on the west coast of Ireland. I travelled with a group of 3 friends and decided while we were in the area to give surfing a go for one day. We all had such a blast that we went everyday of the 3 days we were in the area and that is something given 2 of the girls really had no interest in getting wet before we had our first lesson! We were all complete beginners and our instructors, Hazel and Mel really made us feel comfortable and we knew we were in safe hands from the off, they were a great laugh and were so encouraging and were so delighted for us when we got standing. by the end of the first lesson we had all got up and surfed. Another surf school had a group on the beach that day but the instructors looked disinterested and our group definately learned more in our lesson in comparison. We also gave a try to SUPPING, great fun and enjoyed a trip of the bay-in to caves..Ireland like I'd never experienced. I would highly recommend Nevsail- lovely people and a great experience!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Brenda_231

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I'll be going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Tried the kayaking and it was great. Great entertainment, staff were very friendly and brilliant with my son. He loved it. If Ur in the area, it's a must. Good value for money.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Nicola G
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Don't let the rain stop you on Kilkee Bay! Nevsail rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

My partner and I travelled by car to Kilkee bay (about 1.5-2 hours from Limerick City--the roads are quite narrow so you never reach the crazy speed limit of 100 km/hr!). The bay is gorgeous. It was a horseshoe shaped bay with a great sandy beach. The only day it rained on our 2 week trip was the day we were booked to kayak.
We are crazy canucks so we braved the weather and I am glad we did. We donned the provided wetsuits and we couldn't have been more comfortable and warm despite the coolness of the water.
It would be great for kids, teens, friends, families, couple or anyone!
Our instructor Hazel was amazing. Should you tip? We did. Only 10 Euro but it was certainly well deserved and enough for a pint or two.
Because of the waves we couldn't get outside of the bay but riding the swells was a magical feeling and Hazel taught us to surf onto the beach which is much harder than it looks but so much fun!
I felt like a kid again and I was so happy we decided to experience the ocean in Ireland. It was a highlight of our fabulous trip.
I would definitely do it again rain or shine but on a sunny day it would be spectacular and the people at Nevsail were friendly and easy-going, making it a great afternoon.
Thanks Hazel!

3 Thank Aspires
Limerick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day kayaking - highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Myself and my husband completed the level 1 kayaking course with Nevsail Watersports on Saturday 20th July. In the morning session we learnt a number of different kayaking strokes and spent some time kayaking around the bay. In the afternoon session we had an opportunity to visit sea caves and kayak out to George's head and across the bay - this part was great fun and the highlight of our day. We had a great day and would highly recommend Nevsail Watersports. Our two instructors were professional, fun and very friendly. We will signing up to the level 2 kayaking course soon!!

1 Thank Carol180610
“Had a great day kayaking around Kilkee bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Professional friendly instructors (thanks hazel and mark) made the day very enjoyable....will definitely go back!