“Cleaning staff need a bit of praise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kilkee Bay Hotel

Kilkee Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kilkee
“Cleaning staff need a bit of praise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I see a lot of reviews saying that the rooms are outdated but nothing about the excellent cleaning staff that must put a lot of work into those rooms to make them look respectable. One of the girls in particular (Claire, i think her bag said) was real a pleasure to meet and talk to. She had no bother with any job i asked her to do and with three kids with me it felt like i was running to her the whole time. She was respectable, kind and very professional for a young girl who seemed to be everywhere at once. She always had a smile on her face and made me feel welcome in hotel. The same can also be said for the two girls at the front desk (Niamh amd siobhan?) both of them went out of their way to be nice me and my kids. The food and service was beyond excellent as well but i really felt the need to say that these girls went out of their way to nice and that the cleaning staff needed a bit of praise.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KilkeeBayHotel, Manager at Kilkee Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Sincere thanks for taking the time to write this review of our hotel and delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found members of our team to be friendly & courteous. We do believe its the people you meet that really enhance your experiance and are delighted that you acknowledged our hard working team for this.
So great to hear you enjoyed both the food & service while staying with us and your comments have been passed onto all our team.
Please do keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for future special offers as we would love to welcome you back again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our room was clean,old decor.was able to open the windows wide open.no tv remote.
Reasonable breakfast.
The stuff at the concierge were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is situated at the village entrance,walking distance everywhere.
you get what you pay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
KilkeeBayHotel, Front Office Manager at Kilkee Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
On behalf of our team, i thank you for taking the time to post this review and hope we will have an opportunity to welcoming you to the Kilkee Bay Hotel again someday
Brooklyn NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

After reading the favorable reviews, I made an online reservation for one night. There was nothing good about this hotel. Claim new ownership & renovations; however looking at the decor, those renovations must have been in the 1950's. Beds, linens, towels, TV and fixtures were very old and outdated. Worse bed I have slept in. Overall look of hotel is dingy. Lobby had large leather couches with cheap blankets covering what is probably damage leather. Advertise Wi-FI, but there was no reception at all in the rooms and extremely poor & weak in the lobby and after resetting the modem. TV had no remote and there were not spares around. We had breakfast and were glad to be checking out.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank BrooklynNYMoses
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your review.
As we have only just reopened in June 2013 under new ownership & management, it is important for us to get feedback in order to improve our facilities and services throughout the hotel.
Maintenance in a building of this age and size is an ongoing issue for which we employ a full time maintenance man and have a number of tradesmen on call to rectify any issues that may arise promptly and with minimal disruption to our guest
In relation to the WIFI, currently there is no wired broadband coming to the town of Kilkee, therefore our only option is wireless broadband which is not as consistent, and unfortunately we have no control over it but have done our best to provide the service in our Lobby area
Cavan, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

The bedrooms in this hotel are in serious need of an revamp. Beds appeared clean & bathroom was ok. We moved the bed in the room when we got there in against the wall as I had a baby with me & all underneath the bed was pop corn & dust. Reception had it dealt with straight away.
Breakfast the next morning was just a plate of grease, I personally couldnt eat it so I just had some coffee & toast. We didnt eat an evening meal in the hotel so cannot comment on the bar food.
The staff in the hotel are the one good thing they have got going for it extremely helpful & friendly

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Kilkee, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is the second time I visited the bar for a meal at the Kilkee Bay Hotel and on both occasions the service was second to none. The food was beautiful and well presented. If I have one small complaint, and it's not really a complaint, the starter I had tonight was big enough to be a main. I had the Buffalo strips on a salad bed but had to leave some to make sure that I had room for the swordfish that was my main. Both courses were excellent. Next time I'll do what I did on my first visit and have a main and dessert. Living in Kilkee I have no need to stay at the Hotel itself but have found the reception and bar very well furnished with very helpful and attentive staff. As a lone diner the waiter, I think his name was Anthony sorry if it is not, took time to have a small chat with me at the end of my meal. I will deffinately be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KilkeeBayHotel, Front Office Manager at Kilkee Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review, Anthony & Our Kitchen team are particularly delighted that you had pleasant experiences and we hope you will call and see us again soon.
Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

My family and I (20+ people) stayed in the homes/apartments adjacent to KBH. During our stay, Dan was extremely helpful, from organizing a dinner in the hotel bar for our large crowd to helping me out with information for a garage when a rental car emergency came up. Also helping Dan out with the garage info was a lovely lady - can't remember her name, but they gave me this info on Friday July 26, after 9pm. Thank you KBH staff, y'all are rockstars!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was a pleasure to share your lovely review of our hotel with the team here at the Kilkee Bay Hotel. We are so glad that your party enjoyed their time in here and Dan is over the moon at the mention! Thanks again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.
wolverhampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Enjoyed a lovely night at kilkee bay hotel!
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms a little dated needing to upgrade TV's !
Ate in bar which did take over a hour to come but was very nice.
Group booking and all enjoyed stay.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank hevbee
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, it is important that we hear all comments in order to continue to improve our facilities and service throughout the Hotel, the team here hope to welcome you back in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkee
The Bayview
#1 of 1 in Ennistymon
Cliff House Hotel
Cliff House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ballybunion

Been to Kilkee Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!