“A great little hotel offering excellent rooms and value”
Review of Stella Maris Hotel

Stella Maris Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kilkee
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have just returned from a fantastic stay in the Stella Maris Hotel in Kilkee. This is an excellent establishment offering real value for money in a fantastic location. The Hotel is located right in the center of Kilkee and two minutes from the breach. Our room was large modern, very clear and we had an excellent en-suite bathroom . The only thing we could fault was the lack of a remote control for the TV which were told had been stolen. This aside the staff were excellent. The breakfast was very good and we were offered a wide choice to select from with lots of toast and tea and coffee. We had dinner there on two nights and we really enjoyed it. While this does not claim to be a 5 star hotel it provides everything that is required for a very comfortable and enjoyable stay and I would be delighted to return again.

Room Tip: I don't normally recommend hotels, but I would recommend this one
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DrVC

Reviewed 5 July 2011

My stay at Stilla Maris Hotel was one of a kind
the staff are very, very, very friendly, specially the bar and restaurant service people. the food was really good and tasty, i even regretted eating out one day, they can offer Halal and kosher food if you'd like.
the rooms are clean and fresh, compared to many moderate hotels I've been to this one totally stands out. Good value for price.
In short I'm a person, who usually stays at Marriott, Hilton, and Intercontinental, i can say that i won't complain about my stay there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Haitham_Al-Attar
Reviewed 26 March 2011

What a surprise to find such a great place in off season. Greeted warmly when we asked to see the room first..and what a pleasant surprise. Inspite of the age of the property, everything was well kept,cozy and clean. Loved the amenities in the room and bath. Sunset cocktails and dinner on the enclosed porch was definately enjoyed.
And even tho we slept in a bit, breakfast was waiting for us and well appointed! M.E.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fratboy76
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We cannot say enough about the friendly staff at the Stella Maris. We arrived on an flight from the US in the early AM and they let us check into our rooms early and then gave us a hot breakfast...even though the hour for breakfast had come and gone.
The staff was accomodating in every way- even making a speicmail meal for a member of the family that was ill.
The rooms were very clean and well kept. A very cozy hotel in a beautiful seaside town with stunning scenery.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bayforest3205
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My wife and I had spent the day driving Loop head drive and taking a dolphin tour across in Carigaholt and needed a place to stay. We went by a few places and this place was nice. We only had the breakfast which was adequate. For dinner I would highly recommend the restaurant next door Murphy Blacks, not inexpensive but very nice dining. The rooms in the hotel are larger but our room was way up so stairs were an issue. We only travel with carry-on luggage so it was not an issue.. The bar/restaurant in the hotel is actually quite nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rdelott
Reviewed 8 August 2009

I stayed for two nights with family in May 2009, and booked at the last minute. The Stella Maris is a fairly small hotel/bar/restaurant literally one minute from the beach (some rooms have sea views) and at the top of Kilkee's main street. It's fairly expensive compared to local b&b's but it's family-run, and worth the extra for a better service. On the first night it was very busy as a wedding, but the second night was very calm. Lovely room, clean and comfortable... Breakfast (full-Irish) wasn't amazing (plentiful but a bit greasy) but dinner at the restaurant was really nice... very local menu.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Hi, we didn't stay in this hotel just ate there after a long day out with 4 young children and assorted grandparents.
I was surprised to find reception disorganised and a touch rude but the bar and floor staff were dead on, on inspection of the menu my in laws being good scots decided it was over priced so they left for naughtons reliable fish and chip shop close by and took that on home. However I was hungry as were the children and the standard of food at home is alway so good I didn't flinch at 14 or maybe 16euro can't remember exactly for a lovely phrased cajun chicken with wedges salad and sour cream.
It took nearly an hour to come which the chicken had obviously spent in the oven it was that over done, wedges were raw and salad was sad piece of lettuce and some onion, think they thought sour cream was literally sour cream...!
Anyway threw it into me, I was that hungry just wanted to get children home and to bed, this was supposed to be a treat and it was awful was too tired and down at that stage to complain but would tell anyone avoid it like the plague..or the swine flu!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank scirish4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkee
0 mi away
#1 of 1 in Liscannor
Nolan's B&B
Nolan's B&B
#3 of 6 in Kilkee

Been to Stella Maris Hotel? Share your experiences!