The Bayview(Kilkee)
Myles Creek(Kilkee)
  • Restaurant
Nolan's B&B(Kilkee)
Agoda.com
All reviewsmusselslovely hotelfrom start to finishthe main streetsea viewhot breakfastseaside resortstayed for one nighttop floorbar and restaurantbrown breadoff seasonwest clarepollock holeswarm welcomeyogurtconservatory
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times now, without putting in a review.
The food is great value for money, the staff are friendly, rooms are very clean and well equipped.
The bear garden is always a hit when the sun is out, it great for watching time go by.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel being full, we stayed in a local B&B and came for dinner. We rate it as one our most wonderful and memorable meals ever.
We each had fish; one baked salmon one hake. They were cooked exactly as we wanted moist and flakey not overdone. They sat on finely chopped and shredded beds of vegetables so well seasoned as to make you savour every bite.
Caroline of Mayo's service was warm and friendly the ambience comfortable as a glove. Definitely coming back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were in Kilkee for an overnight stay and had our evening meal in the Stella Maris hotel bar section . The menu was varied and the waitress was welcoming . My wife had salmon and I had the beef burger . The food and service was excellent despite it being busy with a function on !
We will return Kilkee is a lovely venue .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The room was small with a comfortable bed and a view of the sea. It was clean and pleasant. The bathroom was fine. The hotel is in close to the main street where restaurants, shops and bars are situated.
It doesn't have a night watch men so when a group of drunken Irishmen came home at 4pm and started singing loudly in the lobby, there was no one there to stop them. Not sure the staff believed my account, although the singers in question did turn up for breakfast.
Still, bring ear plugs just in case. It's a nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzy1060
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I informed the hotel staff at time of booking & again on my first morning in the breakfast room about my coeliac disease condition & the fact that if I eat wheat/bread then I’ll get sick, yet breakfast arrived placed on a slice of non-gluten free bread. Breakfast staff not trained properly regarding this serious medical condition. Dish was returned to kitchen & I was assured by staff that a new dish had been prepared. But my subsequent upset stomach would contradict this.
Informed by staff that the gluten free bread that they had been serving me over the w/e was toasted together with the non-gluten free bread! This causes cross-over contamination of course, but staff totally unaware of this. No wonder I had a sick stomach for the whole w/e. On the last morning I was informed that they had ‘run out’ of gluten free bread! The staff’s attitude suggested that I was at fault for having special dietary requirements & that I was just an inconvenience. Not very customer-friendly at all.
They charge you 110 euros per night then they tell you that you can’t have any bread/toast for breakfast!
I’m just glad that I didn’t eat there in the evenings!

Room Tip: 2nd flr rooms have paper-thin blinds with no black-out curtains. Pillows are hard as stone with no other options.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple