“A warm, Irish welcome!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavan
Farnham View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 13 Cavan B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A warm, Irish welcome!!!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

To begin with this time I thought like going to Ireland because if the beauty and atmosphere. The quietness and beautiful views of the countryside. I booked Farnham because it looked like a nice quiet place and very clean place.

When I walked in all I could say was it was like I was bein welcomed to my new home. It wasn't just a warm welcome it was like a nice warm Irish welcome full of joy. The owner is very polite and made sure we had a good impression of the house. I've never been to a bed and breakfast but this one was remarkable.

The front of the house looked magnificent and spectacular. When we were showed to our rooms I was very impressed with how clean and big it was. It was like entering a 4 star hotel. Or maybe even better. When they said make yourself at home I could already feel like as if I was home anyway.

Normally when I write a review I write at the end l, however I thought this time the word needs to be out about the wonderful bed and breakfast. I am still enjoying the relaxation of the rooms and quiet. I would definitley recommend this bed and breakfast to anybody.

Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed at Jean's for a friends wedding in November. The wedding was taking place in the 5 star Radisson, adjacent to our B&B. A perfect and cost effective alternative to staying at the hotel, Jean's B&B is a handy 4 minute drive to the plush Farnham Estate and made all the handier by Jean providing all the necessary transport. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay as Jean really does make you feel like your at home and goes well out of her way to help you where ever and when ever she can; Sound as a pound you could chat all day and the young'ns running about the place give it the ultimate homely feel! Thanks again guys.

Room Tip: Hard to say as all rooms looked bright and spacious..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed for a night and will certainly return. Really impressed. The facilities were superb; clean, warm, beautiful decor and welcoming host. The bed was very comfortable, and a great shower. The Farnham View exceeded my expectations, better than a boutique hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank emerons
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Excellent, Jean is a sweetheart and you get a feeling that you are part of the family. Jean and her staff enjoy serving you and making you comfortable. Farnham View was the most comfortable B&B we found during our 6 week trip touring Ireland.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Pastaese
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed here for a wedding in the nearby Radisson Blu. Couldn't have been happier with our choice. I don't usually go for B&B's but Jean and PJ's was fantastic. So friendly, helpful and accommodating. We had a very spacious ensuite bedroom on the top floor with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was sterling. I'd highly recommend this for anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Our was room on the top floor, door on the left at the top of the stairs. It could have been a famil...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My family and I stayed here in July and felt thoroughly spoilt! Jean the owner is wonderful and makes you feel instantly welcome and at home. The house is set in really peaceful and beautiful countryside, that combined with the comfy bed all added up to an awesome night's sleep! Can't recommend highly enough!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
county mayo
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked 4 rooms in this house for early July as we were attending a family wedding at the nearby hotel. Jean was very helpful and accommodating on the phone and gave great directions. We were all allowed to check in around 12.30 and change and get ready for the wedding which was great as we were travelling from mayo and didn't want to travel In our finery.

the rooms were lovely and spacious, beautifully decorated, comfortable beds. Jean made us a welcome cup of tea and biscuits on arrival which was a lovely touch.

The hotels a 5 minute drive away, some of the party shared taxis for around 10 euro. Jean offered to drop us off at hotel if we didn't want to bring cars.

The breakfast the next morning was delicious a great choice of cereals, yoghurts, fruit as well as a tasty freshly cooked to order fry.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone, very reasonable at 35 euro pp, generous reductions for children.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
#3 of 4 in Cavan
Crover House Hotel & Golf Club
Errigal Country House Hotel
Lakeside Bed & Breakfast

Been to Farnham View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!