“Watch this space”

Dining options: Reservations
Cavan
“Watch this space”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

News has just reached us that the once popular Derragarra Inn is now in new ownership and is due to reopen for business in the Spring of 2014. At one time the Derragarra saw a brisk passing trade, but all of that changed when Butlersbridge on the N3 became by-passed and the inn's reputation began to fade over the past decade or so. Lets hope that the new owners facing an upward battle can make something of it.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Cavan007

Cavan, Ireland
“Not good”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have reviewed this place before on a previous visit and it resulted in an unpleasant exchange of private messages with the chef the upshot being he accepted my review when I told him I still had the receipt! He then offered me a complementary meal to re review which I declined. However after he apologised I decided I would go back a few months later as I wanted to be fair.

We both again had fish but mains only. I cannot recommend, the plate was covered in multicoloured sauces and balsamic reduction with designs akin to a desert cobweb style with the fish plonked in the middle. It was a hot mess on a plate.

The service - when we sat down there were no wine glasses on the table, although all other tables had matched wine glasses. The bar tender searched around behind the bar for ages and brought us two mismatched glasses one which had a huge clip out the base. My partner had to be careful that it didn't tip over every time he replaced it on the table - it was kind off funny, we laughed.

The wine was placed on the table with the screw cap loosened, but no offer to taste or pour or any iced method of keeping it cool. We poured ourselves.

Faulty towers sprung to mind, we were at least having a laugh about it, although my partner was starting to make noises about having been dragged back to the place by me.

We were graced with being served our veg by the owner/chef. We know this because there was a photo of him in the window beside us. He said he would get us spoons to serve the veg but didn't return.

We had no further visits to the table by staff and we paid at the bar on the way out. The laughter had worn off.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Murray007
Pearl River, NY
“Great location, just okay food.”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Spent an afternoon on their deck soaking up the sun and having a couple of pints. All great. Food was not great though, but setting your expectations at pub grub, it was edible and the location on the banks of the Annalee made up for any culinary shortcomings.

• Visited August 2012
Donegal Ireland
“Not what we expected!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Called in to Satuday 23rd to thaw out from the chilly weather, we asked for a panni but waitress said chef wasn't making them as she was too busy!! There was 8 people in the bar area and a small family party was gathering in the dining area. We ordered soup and toasted sandwiches and tea. The tea arrived and 35 mins later the soup and toasties arrived, my friend with me wanted to get up and leave and I'm sorry now we didn't. Def won't be back!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Peggy3
Mullingar
“Sign said "Food served all day" at 3p.m. nothing available”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We visited for old time's sake at 3p.m a the sign outside said "Food served all day" we entered an empty premises, met a very pleasant member of staff who advised that the chef took a break in the afternoon so there was nothing available. I would suggest that the chef should have a break but surely a competent person could serve snacks, soup, sandwiches etc during that period. We went away hungry and sad that we could not reminisce. The above rating is not valid but the box had to be ticked for purposes of submitting the review

Visited February 2013