“Family Camping Trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavan
Wildflower Glamping
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely time at WildFlower Glamping. Travelled with our two 10 year old boys and dog who had a great time. Camp fire a winner! Everything you need was provided. Can be cold at night in April in the Bluebell Tent - hot water bottles provided. Bonus that the other people staying were nice and had drink and chat around the fire. Very clean and well run venue - will hopefully return in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon Q

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a fantastic stay in the very comfortable Wild Rose Wagon.
I was a bit dubious about how comfortable the beds were going to be......but i have to say they were nothing short of excellent. Fantastic to wake in the morning to the sound of the dawn chorus. The wagon had a small stove which heated the whole space in minutes and didn't burn much fuel in the process. It was very well kitted out and we were short of nothing. There was even an electricity supply which was mostly used to keep the phones charged....very handy.
Stephanie, the owner is a great host and she was very welcoming and helpful.
Facilities are very good and shower and toilets are spotlessly clean.
Will be back again ....defo !!

Room Tip: The Wild Rose Wagon was great.....next time we will try the Yurt !!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have to say I was a bit apprehensive about going ‘glamping’ but little did I know the experience that lied ahead. We had a fantastic 2 days & will def be returning again. The glamping site was tastefully decorated with loads of little extra (even a hot water bottle for night), loads of games to play at night, Unfortunately the weather wasn’t great & we didn’t get to make a camp fire but we made the most of it & we even still managed to have a BBQ. I would def recommend this to anyway who wants to get away & enjoy the outdoors

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had a very comfortable 2 night stay in the Wild Rose Wagon. The campsite has a very relaxed, rustic, home away from home feel about it and is very well maintained. Stephaine, the owner was very welcoming. The bathrooms and shower facilities were clean with plenty hot water! The wagon was really cosy, with a small stove and plenty blankets. Thankfully, the weather was lovely when we were there so we didn't need them. The wagon was much bigger than I expected too and lots of storage. Killykeen Forest Park is close with lovely forest walks and ideal for a picnic. The Radisson hotel is nearby too for nice lunch or a spa treatment (perfect for a hen party!). I would definitely return for another stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here over the Easter weekend and were very lucky to have great weather. The facilities at Wildflower Glamping are excellent, everything you could possibly need for a relaxing and enjoyable time. We had our own little kitchen with electricity, utensils etc. There was a fridge in the common room for perishable foods. I would recommend bringing a travel kettle for filling hot water bottles. There is a stove, but if you are cooking, it is handy to have a kettle separately. The owners are very helpful and friendly. We did a BBQ, had a bonfire at night toasting marshmallows, relaxed during the day. With two young boys they had great scope to run around and the owners even did an Easter Egg hunt and had a bouncy castle for Easter Sunday. Killykeen Forest Park is nearby and there are lots of great picnic and fishing spots available. We went on a day trip to Tayto Park and visited some of the Cavan lakes. Overall we had a wonderful weekend and would highly recommend Wildflower Glamping. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank familyfundonegal
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous yurt, which we were lucky to be upgraded to due to being the only people there and the owners taking pitty on us due to the torrential rain!
The rain didn't dampen our sports though. Still had a fantastic time.
Word of waning... The loos and showers, although spotlessly clean did have a lot of spiders as soon as it started to get dark!
May have had something to do with the time of year we went.
If I didn't hate spiders I would be back all the time!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My partner and I took a trip away from Belfast during a particularly hectic time for both of us at work, we had booked through a Groupon offer but I will definitely return and will be happy to pay full price! We were upgraded from one of the tents to the yurt as we were the only people there on or 2 nights. This was a great gesture and we had a better time for it. There isn't too much to do in cavan and we struggled to find anywhere good to eat, so we ended up cooking our meals on the gas cookers provided, this made the whole experience even better. The environment they have created around the campsite is fantastic, and from the moment I parked the car, I felt like I was in an idyllic venue. Personal criticism: bugs, I'm aware camping comes with bugs as standard, and this is in no way any fault of wildflower glamping, of course...however I recommend anyone going brings a couple of cans of bug spray and a large blunt object for the bigger spiders... Going to the toilets are like going to rainforest.....I counted over 20 spiders on one visit alone. I kept killing them but they were back in strength next time round...

Room Tip: Go for the yurt
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple