“KO's more than OK”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed in Cavan recently and went to this Chinese as recommended by hotel staff. We had the early bird menu which was good value and also good food. It's on the Main Street near Eason's. It was reasonably busy and we were served by two friendly girls.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

On Valentines day my girlfriend and I went out for a meal in Ko's. Now we would be often out and we have been to Ko's before but nothing EVER happened like this..

We got to our table and it was right at the counter where there was a take-away service.. HELL!! Phones never stopped ringing, packed with people and very loud.

We got our starter after 30minutes, it was lovely, I must admit.
We then waited 1hour and 10minutes for our main!! 2 couples walked out just before we had got ours complaining about the wait, so we wernt the only ones feeling that way.

When I got my main (steak) it was supposed to be a fillet. It was as skinny as a slice of bacon, and as tasty as a melted shoe... which isnt tasty AT ALL! Needless to say I didn't eat it, either did my girlfriend.

The waiter and waitresses were great. They even gave my girlfriend a rose as it was valentines day.

How and ever, I won't be back in a hurry.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I'm a bore - always order the same Chinese meal - duck with pineapple and ginger, but what a difference in each meal in various Chinese restaurants. Kos is by far the nicest, nice staff, lovely atmosphere in the restaurant, great food, friendly service.

1  Thank BreegieO
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Went to Kos's restaurant last week with family and food was excellent. Two courses with glass of wine only €20. Good atmosphere and friendly staff. Good variety of courses to choose from on early bird menu. Overall a very good experience, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Ko's is the go to sit down Chinese in Cavan Town. It has a nice atmosphere, plenty of seating and friendly helpful staff. It is situated right in the centre of town and would be a good starting point for a night out. The early bird menu includes a glass of (not very nice) wine which is always welcomed. I think this is a very underestimated and underused restaurant in the town. While it is not the best restaurant in town I think we are all partial to a bit of chinese food now and again and so if you are visiting Cavan try this restaurant out or if you are planning a night out why not start here.
This restaurant is open and comfortable however it is accessed via stairs and so is not suitable for many mobility impaired people