“Overpriced, bad service and terrible food, I won't be back!”

Cavan Crystal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Whilst visiting Cavan we decided to come for lunch at the Cavan Crystal Hotel as we expected a hotel would serve nice food. The Atrium Bar was very busy and understaffed. After we had our orders taken we waited ages for our food to come and when it did it was very disappointing!! My sister order a burger and chips which was priced at €12.00, it came without any salad and with frozen chips, the bap crumbled and was inedible, I think at the expensive price it should have came with fresh chips. I ordered Fish and mashed potatoes, I didn't even receive a plate instead the fish came in a wire basket, which might look nice but left it difficult to eat as the potatoes came in a bowl. No staff member asked us if we needed anything when we had our meal.
When I paid, I explained our issues with the food but the woman didn't even apologise, she still charged me full price. I expected better from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ann-Marie M

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My stay here was marred, when I asked for cash back as instructed by reception. The girl who was to process my First Trust subsidiary of AIB card ask me if the card was from the Northern Ireland, to which I replied yes. I can't take cards from the North she stated, I asked if she was joking as I have used this card all round the world.
So each time I went to get a drink I had to produce my card, very embarrassing.
Other than that my stay was very pleasant.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bouncer49
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Came here for two nights for my sisters hen 28 of us the staff could not have done more for us they provided a bus into town for us the food was amazing and service was outstanding they did a brilliant deal for us and everyone was so happy with the weekend would highly recommend this hotel too anyone could not say enough about the staff and how accommodating they were towards us extremely happy

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the march bank holiday weekend. It was a very relaxing one night break and we enjoyed it thoroughly.

The room was basic but functional and the whole hotel was presented very well( except for the blood I saw splattered on the wall outside my room).

Staff were very friendly and helpful during our stay.

I would recommend the cavan crystal to anyone for a one or two night break.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Spent a night here with my wife and we had a fab time. The rooms are clean and spacious, bar food was good value with good portions, the restaurant food portions were small however your could get a 3 course meal for twenty euro so it wasn't too pricy. The only bad thing was the music on the night we were there was very old school and the bar. Decor was a bit dated.The pool and gym area was quiet nice and very clean,the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 2 March 2014

As a group of girls we stayed here in this beautiful well run hotel. From the minute we arrived in the hotel we were warmly greeted by the staff. I have to say Emma the receptionist does her job exceptionally well and could not be anymore accomodating. The rooms were very spacious and cause there were 5 girls we got interlinking rooms. The restaurant was beautiful and we enjoyed a fabulous meal and again outstanding service. The night porters also were very accomodating and nothing was a problem for luke and his colleagues. The breakfast the following morning was absolutely fab and with a great selection. The only negative point that i can make is that 3 of the girls did not recieve a robe for the spa but this is a very minor detail and didnt bother us that much. A very enjoyable experience and would most definetly be back.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The entrance has a feel of a castle, but the reception/atrium is very modern, as is the atrium bar. Food in the bar was good, as was breakfast (which was served). The rooms were spacious and had all usual facilities. Beds were comfortable with beautiful bed linen. Staff were friendly and helpful. The leisure facilities were brilliant with a 18m pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. However I did find the pool quite cool. Towels are supplied free for residents but they charge €3 for hats for the pool - which i find very expensive. Most hotels do not charge for these hats any more and those that do only charge one or two euro. The gym was great with modern equipment, bright and airy. Wifi is available but only in certain rooms, but a computer is available in the reception area.

Room Tip: If you want to use the internet on you phone you will have to ask for a room with wifi, as only cert...