“Pure Relaxation and indugance”

Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I am raving about here since I have stayed in Farnham. In my estimation the spa is on a par with Monart in Wexford. But such better value. Everything felt like an occasion. Beautiful food. Great rooms, they have a real Orla Keily feel about them. Service throughout was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank UnaNorris
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear UnaNorris

We just love your comment "pure relaxation and indulgence"..... as this is what we are all about at Farnham Estate!

Thank you for such a lovely review and delighted that you enjoyed your experience.

I do hope that you will get a chance to visit us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would recommend Farnham Estate for a relaxing break. It is situated on a beautiful parkland estate with plenty of walks. The Hotel is a mix of new and old. Staff are super friendly. Food was delicious and generous helpings. Rooms very nice, my only complaint and I'm being picky here, if you have frizzy hair then you'll understand this one.... the hairdryer was useless, kept cutting out. Advice.... bring you own, otherwise 10 out of 10 for Radisson Farnham.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear FamilyIreland

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review and lovey comments, which I have passed on to the team.

We are very proud of our staff and facilities here at Farnham Estate and makes our efforts all the more worthwhile when we read your comments.

I am sorry about the hairdryer in your room and I have passed your comments to our Accommodation Manager and thank you for letting us know.

I do hope that you will get the chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had heard a lot of good reviews on this hotel throughout the past few years, so decided with our wedding anniversary fast approaching i would check it out for myself. I was not disappointed, the grounds are stunning, food amazing, staff are so friendly, the hotel itself is immaculate and the spa is just amazing. We booked the stay and spa deal, and had dinner in the wine bar very nice. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicola C

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit for your anniversary and thank you so much for such lovely comments, which I have passed to the team.

I do hope that you will get a chance to vist us at Farnham Estate again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for one night, last Friday - it wasn't nearly long enough!! It was a friend's wedding - the staff could not have been friendlier, and the whole stay was a delight.

The bathrooms were a highlight - lovely big showers and separate baths, and probably the best toiletries I've ever found in a hotel. I smelt great and my hair felt wonderful and soft after my shower!

The venue is very large and beautifully laid out, surrounded by gorgeous countryside. My friend chose it for the wedding largely because they don't kick you out of the 'celebration area' (cleverly set a little way from the bedrooms so no-one is disturbed) until you want to leave - for us, that was around 4am. Most hotels kick you out around midnight or a little after - boring!

I just wish I had stayed longer as they have a lovely spa (my friends were raving about it) with an outside pool, etc - and they were offering great fun activities like archery the next day. Alas tho, I had to catch a coach back to Dublin airport (the coach lasts 1 hour 40 mins, if that helps you plan - and costs €20pp. It is then a €10 taxi-ride from the coach stop to the hotel).

Thoroughly recommended!

Room Tip: If you are a naughty smoker like me, my room was great (116) - would have been the same for 114 and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear van_den_end

Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your visit for a friend's wedding.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much and I have passed your lovely comments to the team here at Farnham Estate.

I do hope that you will have the chance to visit us again soon and hopefully for a longer visit next time!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just come back from an overnight stay in this hotel. It was a family celebration for our youngest sisters 50th birthday. 5 of us stayed and 5 other joined us for dinner. We took the "Girls night in" package. The only complaint we have is that it went too fast and that we didn't book two nights, so we will just have to go back again!!! We think that is the best recommendation we can give any place.
When we arrived George helped us with our luggage and took our car to the car park for us as it is not beside the hotel - just a short walk away - the girls at reception checked us in very quickly and professionally, gave us all the details of the hotel, where everything was, breakfast times etc. There were 3 of us sharing and we got a lovely room on the first floor with 3 single beds and a lovely large bathroom.
We had lunch in the bar above reception, again all the staff were most helpful. We then got changed and went to the Spa area - this is brilliant - so much space, light, very quiet, beautiful infinity pool and loads of relaxing areas, again great staff who looked after us very well.
We had book dinner for 10 people that night in the restaurant and it was fab. Food was wonderful and all the staff yet again looked after us very well.
We could not find fault with this hotel and Spa and hope to return again i the near future and stay at least two nights

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Irene029

Thank you so much for your fabulous Trip Advisor Review and delighted that you enjoyed the 50th birthday celebrations!

We are extremely proud of our staff and facilities here at Farnham Estate and receiving reviews such as yours makes our efforts all the more worthwhile.

I do hope that you will get a chance to visit us again at Farnham Estate and hopefully for a longer visit next time!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Farnham Estate is such a tranquil and peaceful venue that can cater for all types of bookings. I just cannot wait to return on leisure for a longer stay. The facilities are fabulous; spa, indoor and outdoor heated pool, the views from all of the bedrooms is countryside. The menu options and food was delicious. Thank you for a great stay, I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Audrey K

Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your recent visit, which I have passed to the team.

Delighted that you enjoyed some of the different aspects of the Farnham Estate experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another tranquil and peaceful visit!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

i booked a junior suite for two nights approximately two months in advance.i also booked spa treatments. it was a special birthday treat for my mam. An hour before we were due to leave I received a phone call to tell me that the suite I had booked in the old house would be subject to
noise from wedding guests that had also just booked the surrounding suites. They offered us a standard deluxe room with a few extra luxuries instead. I wasn't happy and asked if there was no other suite available in the hotel They rang back a few min later and said they had one in the new part of the hotel. I asked them if I could wait wait till I went up and then choose. They said that would be ok. We arrived up and what a shock. The receptionist didn't know anything about the rooms. She said she would go talk to reservations. I was left waiting for at least 5 mins until she got keys. The junior suite in the old house was more like a dungeon. A sitting room smaller than my utility then 3 or 4 steep steps down to the bedroom containing king bed and too small for anything else. down another 3 or 4 steps to toilet and another 2 steps to bathroom.We were in shock the view was out onto roof.Ah well that was the junior suite we were being offered an upgrade to an executive in the new part. things could only get better. Wrong again. The room had a strong musty smell couch was filthy. view was good room had balcony but no window in bedroom only patio door. We opened door and guess what it wouldn't close properly. receptionist tried and she couldn't close it properly. At this stage I asked to see standard room. This was fine smaller than suite but when we looked out windows we could see straight into all the other hotel rooms. I looked for net curtains to pull for privacy rather than heavy curtains. No net curtains. Guess what that's all that was available. I asked to speak to manager. He showed me another standard room again with no net curtains. We were left with no choice but to cancel trip. So if you want a junior suite in the old part of the hotel in a quiet area or a standard room with basic privacy do not go to THIS HOTEL. However the spa looked as it was on its website. unlike nits suite. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN BOOKING YOUR ROOM.

Room Tip: DO NOT COME HERE at all. it was worst hotel i ever booked
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sheila f
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear sheila f

It is with great disappointment that I read your review. I also have to add that this is the first time we have received a review of this nature, when a guest did not stay with us.

The comfort of our guests is paramount and our Resort Sales Team contacted you prior to arrival with this in mind. We received a cancellation for the larger, quieter Executive Suite, which we felt better suited your requests.

I am surprised to read your comments regarding the Executive Suite you were offered. This suite offers fantastic comfort and quietness and amazing facilities. Most of our rooms do not have voile curtains and I appreciate this causes some privacy concerns, but we feel the amazing countryside views more than makes up for this.

It is disappointing that you felt compelled to leave and you did not have the opportunity of experinecing all that Farnham Estate has to offer.

I am very sorry we did not live up to your expectations.

Andrew Drysdale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
#3 of 4 in Cavan
Errigal Country House Hotel
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa

Been to Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!