“a place worth visiting”

Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

By chance we got to stay on one night in this lovely peaceful hotel...the spa was so delightful very relaxing as we left the kids at home and had a wonderful evening my husband and i. we ate in the bar which was down in the celler the food was beautiful. The breakfast was so filling and plenty of it. we aim to go back and next time hope to stay for two nights as we didnt get a chance to see any of the surroundings as we arrived late on the sat afternoon just so much to do. This is a place for you to get away from it all and relax.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Bridgie G

Lovely to read that yourself and your husband had a relaxing visit to Farnham Estate and enjoyed our facilities, the Health Spa in particular. Thanks so much for such lovely comments, which I have passed to the team.

I do hope that you will get the opportunity to visit us again for a chance to relax and get away from it all!

Andrew Drysdale

Write a ReviewReviews (2,963)

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I am raving about here since I have stayed in Farnham. In my estimation the spa is on a par with Monart in Wexford. But such better value. Everything felt like an occasion. Beautiful food. Great rooms, they have a real Orla Keily feel about them. Service throughout was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank UnaNorris

Dear UnaNorris

We just love your comment "pure relaxation and indulgence"..... as this is what we are all about at Farnham Estate!

Thank you for such a lovely review and delighted that you enjoyed your experience.

I do hope that you will get a chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would recommend Farnham Estate for a relaxing break. It is situated on a beautiful parkland estate with plenty of walks. The Hotel is a mix of new and old. Staff are super friendly. Food was delicious and generous helpings. Rooms very nice, my only complaint and I'm being picky here, if you have frizzy hair then you'll understand this one.... the hairdryer was useless, kept cutting out. Advice.... bring you own, otherwise 10 out of 10 for Radisson Farnham.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear FamilyIreland

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review and lovey comments, which I have passed on to the team.

We are very proud of our staff and facilities here at Farnham Estate and makes our efforts all the more worthwhile when we read your comments.

I am sorry about the hairdryer in your room and I have passed your comments to our Accommodation Manager and thank you for letting us know.

I do hope that you will get the chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had heard a lot of good reviews on this hotel throughout the past few years, so decided with our wedding anniversary fast approaching i would check it out for myself. I was not disappointed, the grounds are stunning, food amazing, staff are so friendly, the hotel itself is immaculate and the spa is just amazing. We booked the stay and spa deal, and had dinner in the wine bar very nice. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicola C

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit for your anniversary and thank you so much for such lovely comments, which I have passed to the team.

I do hope that you will get a chance to vist us at Farnham Estate again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for one night, last Friday - it wasn't nearly long enough!! It was a friend's wedding - the staff could not have been friendlier, and the whole stay was a delight.

The bathrooms were a highlight - lovely big showers and separate baths, and probably the best toiletries I've ever found in a hotel. I smelt great and my hair felt wonderful and soft after my shower!

The venue is very large and beautifully laid out, surrounded by gorgeous countryside. My friend chose it for the wedding largely because they don't kick you out of the 'celebration area' (cleverly set a little way from the bedrooms so no-one is disturbed) until you want to leave - for us, that was around 4am. Most hotels kick you out around midnight or a little after - boring!

I just wish I had stayed longer as they have a lovely spa (my friends were raving about it) with an outside pool, etc - and they were offering great fun activities like archery the next day. Alas tho, I had to catch a coach back to Dublin airport (the coach lasts 1 hour 40 mins, if that helps you plan - and costs €20pp. It is then a €10 taxi-ride from the coach stop to the hotel).

Thoroughly recommended!

Room Tip: If you are a naughty smoker like me, my room was great (116) - would have been the same for 114 and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear van_den_end

Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your visit for a friend's wedding.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much and I have passed your lovely comments to the team here at Farnham Estate.

I do hope that you will have the chance to visit us again soon and hopefully for a longer visit next time!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just come back from an overnight stay in this hotel. It was a family celebration for our youngest sisters 50th birthday. 5 of us stayed and 5 other joined us for dinner. We took the "Girls night in" package. The only complaint we have is that it went too fast and that we didn't book two nights, so we will just have to go back again!!! We think that is the best recommendation we can give any place.
When we arrived George helped us with our luggage and took our car to the car park for us as it is not beside the hotel - just a short walk away - the girls at reception checked us in very quickly and professionally, gave us all the details of the hotel, where everything was, breakfast times etc. There were 3 of us sharing and we got a lovely room on the first floor with 3 single beds and a lovely large bathroom.
We had lunch in the bar above reception, again all the staff were most helpful. We then got changed and went to the Spa area - this is brilliant - so much space, light, very quiet, beautiful infinity pool and loads of relaxing areas, again great staff who looked after us very well.
We had book dinner for 10 people that night in the restaurant and it was fab. Food was wonderful and all the staff yet again looked after us very well.
We could not find fault with this hotel and Spa and hope to return again i the near future and stay at least two nights

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Irene029

Thank you so much for your fabulous Trip Advisor Review and delighted that you enjoyed the 50th birthday celebrations!

We are extremely proud of our staff and facilities here at Farnham Estate and receiving reviews such as yours makes our efforts all the more worthwhile.

I do hope that you will get a chance to visit us again at Farnham Estate and hopefully for a longer visit next time!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Farnham Estate is such a tranquil and peaceful venue that can cater for all types of bookings. I just cannot wait to return on leisure for a longer stay. The facilities are fabulous; spa, indoor and outdoor heated pool, the views from all of the bedrooms is countryside. The menu options and food was delicious. Thank you for a great stay, I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Audrey K

Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your recent visit, which I have passed to the team.

Delighted that you enjoyed some of the different aspects of the Farnham Estate experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another tranquil and peaceful visit!

Andrew Drysdale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
#3 of 4 in Cavan
The Farnham Arms Hotel
Errigal Country House Hotel
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges

Been to Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!