“Spa-tastic”

Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our second trip to Radisson Cavan. Gorgeous rooms, fabulous food, and oh my, the spa is perfect! That moment when we pulled back that little bit of glass separating the indoor pool from the outdoor pool, swam outside, where the steam was rolling off the pool, and the sun was shining and the sky was an impossibly beautiful blue winter sky, was just heaven!

The hydrotherapy centre in the spa is one of the best I've been to across Europe, and included in the cost of your accommodation, but best avoided on the weekend when it's very busy. We had treatments on the weekend, but used the pools and hydrotherapy centre on a Monday when most of the crowds went home and you could truly relax in the quiet.

Rooms are tastefully decorated and quite spacious. Staff are incredibly polite and efficient - Irish charm at its best. Great deals can be found online for accommodation here but don't let that fool you - this is a beautiful high end hotel where everything costs high end prices. The Radisson is a wonderful treat - we'll definitely be back for more.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear bronsters

Lovely to read your recent Trip Advisor Review, which I have passed to the team here at Farnham Estate. We are very proud of our staff and facilities and it makes it all the more worthwhile when we know our efforts have been justified.

Delighted that you enjoyed our Health Spa, of which we are particularly proud, and swimming in the outdoor pool is definitely worth experiencing!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed in Farnham estate over Easter weekend. The hotel itself is in a super location to just get away from it all. You can take a walk in the grounds or chill in the spa with the outdoor poor!
Restaurant and food was excellent with staff more than helpful.
Will be back

• Stayed: April 2014
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Hyvaa

Thanks for such a lovely Trip Advisor Review regarding your visit at Easter.

Lovely to read that you will be returning and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I attended a function at the Radisson Hotel in Cavan and managed to get 27 holes of golf in too. I was blown away by the golf course. Each hole is filled with character and while each shot is a challenge the course is fair and playable for all handicaps. I would advise using a buggy for comfort.
The food in the hotel restaurant was top end stuff and the staff were fantastic. Its nice to see a proper 5* hotel with staff who know how to make you feel comfortable and relaxed while delivering a really good service.
Rooms are lovely and modern. I had a view of the big rambling estate. Plenty walks too for non golfers and the Spa is really great with the indoor/outdoor pool.

Room Tip: You can request rooms looking at at the estate or in on the lovely courtyard and herb garden. You d...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear dommo51

Thanks so much for the lovely Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit, our golf course in particular and love your description of it and yes a buggy does lend to the enjoyment!

I do hope that you will get a chance to visit us again soon and we will certainly look forward to it.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

By chance we got to stay on one night in this lovely peaceful hotel...the spa was so delightful very relaxing as we left the kids at home and had a wonderful evening my husband and i. we ate in the bar which was down in the celler the food was beautiful. The breakfast was so filling and plenty of it. we aim to go back and next time hope to stay for two nights as we didnt get a chance to see any of the surroundings as we arrived late on the sat afternoon just so much to do. This is a place for you to get away from it all and relax.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bridgie G

Lovely to read that yourself and your husband had a relaxing visit to Farnham Estate and enjoyed our facilities, the Health Spa in particular. Thanks so much for such lovely comments, which I have passed to the team.

I do hope that you will get the opportunity to visit us again for a chance to relax and get away from it all!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I am raving about here since I have stayed in Farnham. In my estimation the spa is on a par with Monart in Wexford. But such better value. Everything felt like an occasion. Beautiful food. Great rooms, they have a real Orla Keily feel about them. Service throughout was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank UnaNorris

Dear UnaNorris

We just love your comment "pure relaxation and indulgence"..... as this is what we are all about at Farnham Estate!

Thank you for such a lovely review and delighted that you enjoyed your experience.

I do hope that you will get a chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would recommend Farnham Estate for a relaxing break. It is situated on a beautiful parkland estate with plenty of walks. The Hotel is a mix of new and old. Staff are super friendly. Food was delicious and generous helpings. Rooms very nice, my only complaint and I'm being picky here, if you have frizzy hair then you'll understand this one.... the hairdryer was useless, kept cutting out. Advice.... bring you own, otherwise 10 out of 10 for Radisson Farnham.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear FamilyIreland

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review and lovey comments, which I have passed on to the team.

We are very proud of our staff and facilities here at Farnham Estate and makes our efforts all the more worthwhile when we read your comments.

I am sorry about the hairdryer in your room and I have passed your comments to our Accommodation Manager and thank you for letting us know.

I do hope that you will get the chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had heard a lot of good reviews on this hotel throughout the past few years, so decided with our wedding anniversary fast approaching i would check it out for myself. I was not disappointed, the grounds are stunning, food amazing, staff are so friendly, the hotel itself is immaculate and the spa is just amazing. We booked the stay and spa deal, and had dinner in the wine bar very nice. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Nicola C

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit for your anniversary and thank you so much for such lovely comments, which I have passed to the team.

I do hope that you will get a chance to vist us at Farnham Estate again soon!

Andrew Drysdale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
#3 of 4 in Cavan
Errigal Country House Hotel
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa

Been to Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!