Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
US$112
US$186
Avalon B&B(Cavan)
3,080 results
All reviewscellar barfarnham estateoutdoor poolbotanica restaurantcar parkshuttle busthermal suiteold houserelaxing breaklovely hotelmain restaurantthe radisson bluwalking trailsafternoon teastandard roomgreat selectionsteak
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Last year we went to Farnham and had a brilliant time so decided we would try and make it an annual thing! This year it was a little disappointing for a number of reasons. We felt that the hotel were trying to scrimp and save in areas, which we noticed straight away! I'm going to divide this review into pros and cons:

Pros:

Excellent, Friendly Staff and Service
Fabulous Breakfast, plenty! of choice
Maids work very hard and keep the rooms very clean.

Cons:

Only 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner left daily in bathroom for two people
Last year we had bottles of water on arrival for us in our room, this year there were none.
The walking trails, although a lovely edition to the place are overgrown and the bushes need a good cutting, we were whacked in the face a few times while walking!
As repeat guests we hoped we would get a good room,........we didn't we were in a small corner room next to the maids closet, the view was limited and obstructed!We could see into the room across from ours as could the guests in this room!Because there are no chiffon/net curtains........ once the draped curtains are open, you either leave the curtains open and have every joe soap gawking in or close the curtains and stay in your room in darkness even during the day!
Hairdryer didn't work thankfully I could use my mothers.
In mother and aunts room their safe had been removed from the press and so had to leave their valuables in the room.
Set menu in restaurant states in their book that it is 40 euro pp however it is 45 pp....bit steep.
A lot of the water therapy baths in the spa were not functioning and the outdoor pool area was covered in dry leaves on either side.
Also no lockers available to put our stuff in so had to carry valuables around at pool or leave them back in our room.

I think some improvements are needed perhaps spend a bit of money on what was mentioned above!I could not fault the staff they were fantastic but the maintenance needs better upkeep!

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms as view is obstructed
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Realtin3131
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Realtin3131

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your second trip to Farnham Estate.

We do appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our service to our guests. Please be assured that I will be discussing your points with my team in the coming days and thank you for bringing these to our attention.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding staff, which I have passed to the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate as we would certainly appreciate the chance of restoring your faith in us.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Got a voucher as a weddin present for 150 euro. This didn't cover the 180 euro Saturday night b and b rate. Quite expensive for a 4 star cavan hotel in all respects. The room is nice despite the fag butts outside the patio door. The smell of cigarettes still was present in the non smoking room. Had a few cocktails when we landed which were nice and profitable for the hotel. Had dinner in the packed hotel restaurant that evening . Food was very average. Service ok. breakfast the next morning was busy but as buffet breakfasts go it was fine. Overall after spending over 400 euro for a nights stay with drinks and dinners it is certainly not worth it. Overpriced but people at weekends are queuing up to get into it.
Nice clean hotel , we complained on checkout which was well handled by a senior member to be fair. Would we go back at them prices certainly not.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank btrav81

Dear btrav81

I am sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit to Farnham Estate.

Please be assured that I will be discussing your comments with my team. I am glad that your concerns were addressed to your satisfaction on check out.

I do hope that you will return as we would very much welcome the opportunity of restoring your faith in us.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Wife and I just back from a 3 night stay, this was our third time here hopefully not our last! Superb hotel with best leisure centre I have found in any hotel anywhere. You should note that children under 16 are not allowed in the leisure centre - the whole hotel is really targeted at business and couples, not families, That's an advantage for couples like us but obviously a negative factor for families.

Staff very friendly without being pushy, excellent food. Hotel is expensive but you can get packages from time to time, we were on their "Seniors" DBB, it's not advertised on their website, you have to contact them for it - fantastic value, one of the advantages of passing the 60 mark :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MHarran

Dear MHarran

Delighted to read that Farnham Estate is your favourite hotel in Ireland.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, which I have passed to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your 4th visit!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

As the title says, this was our third stay here, my favourite hotel in Ireland, best leisure centre I've used anywhere. Not great place for kids, over 16s only in leisure centre which, being selfish, is a big plus for people my age but not for families with younger kids

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Thank Martin And Carm... H

Dear Martin And Carm... H

Thank you so much for your lovely Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that you had a relaxing break here at Farnham Estate and enjoyed all our facilities, our Health Spa in particular.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I loved this hotel!!! Service,spa food -all amazing. beautiful location. i went for a one night spa break with a friend. We got a lovely room with terrace. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were helpful and friendly. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing break i would highly reccommend this hotel. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Aisling D

Dear Aisling D

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Farnham Estate and thank you so much for your lovely comments, which I have passed to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing break.