Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
The Bailie Hotel(Bailieborough)
3,055 results
All reviewscellar barfarnham estateoutdoor poolbotanica restaurantcar parkshuttle busthermal suiteold houserelaxing breaklovely hotelmain restaurantthe radisson bluwalking trailsafternoon teastandard roomgreat selectionsteak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Second time staying in Farnham Estate and it was brilliant. I noticed this the first time I stayed and I was once again disappointed with how the shower leaks out onto the bathroom floor "So ask for extra towels".

The food in both the Bar and the restaurant was beautiful (Especially the Restaurant).

The Staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough for you. The Spa & Pool are amazing!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Addis D

Delighted that you had an "extremely relaxing" visit to Farnham Estate recently.

I am sorry about the shower leaking, but I do hope that this did not impact on your stay.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding food and staff, which I have passed to the team. Receiving such lovely feedback always makes our efforts all the more worthwhile!

I do hope that you will get the chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great hotel, location. Everything was lovely. Had the best night's sleep in a hotel ever! Lost of choice for breakfast. We enjoyed the walking trails in particular, as neither of us are golfers. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Yosdesigns

Delighted you had the best nights sleep in a hotel ever! Delighted that you enjoyed the facilities here at Farnham Estate and thanks for your lovely comments, which I have passed to the team.

Lovely to read that you can't wait to come back and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Booked as overnight stay at family wedding - loved the hotel, it was clean and bright. The food at the reception was fantastic, and breakfast in the morning, set me up (on unsteady feet) for the rest of the day! The Estate is wonderful to go for a walk - if you can get out of the bed which is the most comfortable I have experienced other than my own! :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Robert B

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit for a family wedding and thank you so much for your lovely comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back and I hope you have just as nice a visit next time!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

As Captain of our golf society, we had the good fortune to book the resorts golf course and restaurant for my Captains Day. The course was not the best we ever played but provided the challenge we required, the facilities at golf reception are in a portacabin as were the changing and showering facilities which was disappointing, if the resort intends to securing more business in this area then they need to invest in a clubhouse.

After our round we retired to the main building and the bar, this was fine perhaps a little pricey, but this was a special day so we pushed the boat out. Our meal was held in the Botanic Restaurant and the food an service was first class.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Stewart T

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

I am sorry for any disappointed caused due to our facilities at our Golf Course. These are a temporary measure only and we do have plans for a full club house and facilities.

I am glad to read that you found food and service in our Botanica Restaurant to be first class and I have passed your comments to the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

A souless money making venue that is most certainly not value for money. The majority of the staff are students of school leaving age or at University. For the better part they are courteous and friendly but they do not have the training or experience need in the Hospitality industry. They are of course cheaper to employ than trained experienced staff

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank E1412EYjohnn

Dear E1412EYjohnn

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent visit to Farnham Estate and thank you for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor Review.

I do hope that you enjoyed certain aspects of your visit.