“Competent, polished, friendly”
Review of The Olde Post Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavan
The Olde Post Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Cavan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We enjoyed a delightful meal at the old post Inn. The staff welcomed and explained the specials, and fussed suitably over our baby. Bread was baked on site and delicious. We availed of the 5 course set menu, which on reflection is good value. I had prawns to start which were disappointing but the Fillet that followed made up for it, however Brie had melted on my cheese plate. She had the goats cheese and Duck, slightly over done, but a wonderful crumble to finish. We'll be back!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Just back from an overnight visit here - our second - first was 2 years + ago when he popped the question! It's a lovely old post office building with 2 conservatory type extensions which are very tastefully done and make for a pleasant bright interior. Had excellent dinners on both occasions but obviously only remember the recent one in great detail! Would espeically recommend the slow roast pork belly mains which my husband had - it was divine! Also breakfast was very good with many choices from cereals, porridge (lovely & creamy) fresh fruit, yogurts, scones, bread & toast selection, full Irish, various egg options etc and lots of everything. Bedrooms are v comfortable withy very comfy king size beds, good cotton sheets and duvets and LCD tv and good power showers in bathtubs. Also found staff pleasant and courteous. Would recommend and will be back again!

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in we're nice and very similiar. Think there's only 5 or 6 total so am...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DiTipp
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I'm a little surprised at all the 5 star reviews for the Olde Post. It’s good enough, but it’s not excellent - my monk fish might be the worst piece of fish I've ever eaten. Having said that, the other diners round the table were pleased with their meals so it might just have been a poor fish rather than poor cooking. Service was adequate and pleasant , but relaxed/slow and the staff were inexperienced. The setting is nice enough but if you're sat in the wrong place you get to see the locals driving their cars very fast up and down the car park! All in all a reluctant 4 stars from me because other people's food was good rather than because mine was.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The best wedding venue I've ever been to - beautiful, homely, comfortable surroundings - FANTASTIC food, brilliant staff, excellent accommodation & breakfast. We had the best day ever. Always loved the Olde Post Inn anyway, never fails to deliver on top quality friendly service. Highly recommend it for any occasion. Definitely due another visit there very soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here for a family celebration and it I couldn't recommend it more! The staff were so helpful and friendly from the moment we arrived to the moment we left! The dinner and breakfast were absolutely gorgeous and we will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 12 April 2012

On Easter Sunday to celebrate my birthday my daughter and her boyfiend took me to the Olde Post and from start to finish it was a wonderful eperience from friendly, efficient managment and staff to fine dining. Attention to detail was perfect and they surpised me with my name written in choclate on my dessert to the staff singing "Happy Birthday" I would highly recommend the Olde Post to anyone who would like to experience feeling that your visit makes a difference.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband & I stayed one night here while touring around Ireland. We had a wonderful stay and the staff couldn't have been nicer. Our room was large and the bed was very comfortable. We invited family to join us for dinner that night and had an excellent experience. The staff were extreme helpful especially with the two children in our party. The food was exceptional and the wine was good too. They even gave us mince pies with our coffee. We left the table completed stuffed but happy. Breakfast the next morning was one of the best we had the entire trip. Everything homemade and really tasty. The black and white pudding was to die for. If you don't really like black and white pudding you should this stuff. The overal deco is very warm and cosy and everything is spotless. Could recommend it enough.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
#3 of 4 in Cavan
Glendurragh House
Glendurragh House
#9 of 16 in Cavan

Been to The Olde Post Inn? Share your experiences!