“excellent”

Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Youghal
Price range: US$6 - US$43
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy contemporary cooking in a relaxed atmosphere. The Coachouse Bistro serves food daily from 8am to 9.00pm with a great selection of light fare and evening meals as well as carefully selected daily specials. Please visit our website to view our up to date menus.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

outstanding food, service, value for money
Lovely old world atmosphere, spotless
All staff lovely, Mark the Manager/owner is just a gem

Mark G, Owner at The Coachouse Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Cath P
Thank you for the very positive words regarding your visit to our establishment. My crew always appreciate the kind words. I wouldn't describe myself as a gem (though very flattering) but I do thank you for taking the time to review us.
Warmest wishes

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner ate here a while back! The bar was full so we were showed a table in the restaurant! On entering the pub it was warm and inviting, we were still acknowledged by staff even though they were super busy. For starter I had the garlic bread. The garlic bread was beautiful & came with a side salad & balsamic dressing. For main course I got the fish and chips....Amazing, the fish&chips were crispy on the outside and fluffy/flakey on the inside. My partner had the chicken burger which he thoroughly enjoyed! We'll definately be back!!!

1  Thank EveCork

Dear EveCork,
Thank you for your positive words relating to your dining experience with ourselves. It's good for both the front of house team as well as the kitchen to get words of encouragement.
Warm wishes

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stopped with my parents for a meal on the way home last week. I can't say enough about the food - the food is very good, and really great value. WE paid less than €60 for the three of us. It's a wonderful old bar too, with very friendly and efficient staff - but - and I hate to say this - at the bar counter there were some men who were talking a bit too loudly and using pretty choice language - foul language actually. I got the impression they were coming and going to the nearby Bookmaker's. I was pretty shocked considering there were other families eating, and there were kids eating too. Great place and great food, spoiled somewhat by these guys.

3  Thank Danny C

Dear Danny C
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit and the floor staff and the kitchen team take heart in the fact that you enjoyed your food and service. May I apologize for the behaviour of these individuals. The bar here at the hotel has always had a racing customer base which goes back decades and it has never been an issue however upon reading your review I had all the team pay great attention to this and we have spoken to a few people regarding this over excited and unnecessary language, be it in the presence of children or not, it still will not be tolerated.
Thank you again.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Food excellent, service excellent, what a pleasurable treat to have a meal here!
You have an extremely good hearty meal here. I have never left full I have left stuffed.

Dear Alison scott D
Thank you for your kind words relating to your dining experience with ourselves. It is nice to see such positive feedback which keeps the spirits high and keeps us alert.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just arrived into Youghal and went in here to get a bite to eat. Straight away the 'Imperial Burger' stood out from a really extensive and tasty looking menu. When it arrived I was not disappointed. Really thick juicy home-made burger with bacon and blue cheese and really chunky chips, again home made. We ate with 2 other couples and all 6 meals were enjoyed.

Place was quite busy as it was a saturday afternoon but there was a nice calm atmosphere with no sense of staff being under pressure.

Service was quick and efficient yet we didn't feel rushed and the waitress which served our table had great product knowledge and was able to clearly explain the menu and answer any questions which we had.

Mark G, Owner at The Coachouse Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear dr0ginexile,
Thank you for your review of your meal experience with ourselves. We are glad that your party as a whole enjoyed the fare as well as the service. Thank you again and we hope to play host sometime again, should you be in the area.
Warm wishes