“Very comfortable stay, wonderful hostess”
Review of Roseville

Roseville
Ranked #1 of 7 Youghal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way from Waterford to Killarney and were very happy with it. Phyllis offered advice on where to get a light dinner, what to see in the town and offered a fantastic breakfast in the morning. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Have often recommended people to stay here and never had a complaint.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed in Roseville for 1 night as we were passing through Youghal. The cost for a room was only €65 which is excellent value. Phyllis was very welcoming and gave us lots of information on the town. Yes, the room was very basic, but for the price it was perfect. The breakfast next morning was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chewedMeath
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Stayed here with friends for 3 days in May.. Had stayed here before and always loved it and was delighted to see that a refirbishment had been done , although it was always of a high standard, it is now, in my opinion, perfect! Phillis and staff are, as always, very welcoming and helpful. It doesn't feel like a bed & breakfast.. It feels like a home from home..If you go make sure and tour the old town, which is stunning,..and ask Phillis for the brown bread recipe! Will be back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2010

This was rated the top B&B in Youghal, so we booked it. The location was convenient and the garden was lovely. The interior has seen better days, and the cheap furnishings are showing their age. Nevertheless, it was comfortable and met all of our needs.

The problem is that Youghal has not really set itself up as a tourist town. While it has a lot of history to offer, the town does not cater to tourists. It's worth a stop over, but I wouldn't make it a destination.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

As far as B&B accomdation goes Roseville is perfectly adequate. The rooms are large, but a little dated in terms of decor. The breakfast was v good and the landlady and staff were very efficient. The location is very convenient and Youghal was a real highlight in our tour of Ireland.

But what really won us over was Jack the resident Jack Russell terrier, a real character. He doesn't like to be told what to do it's just that simple. HeeHee!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sherrilynne7
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I stayed here in July for one night with my partner and to be honest it was enough for me!!
We stayed in this B&B as there was a review in the B&B book of Ireland saying that it was rated highly by lonely planet & the rough guide. I'm not too sure why it is rated that highly but it could be my own personal taste.

The B&B is very quaint with a Victorian feel. I am a fan of modern, bright, fresh and airy accommodation so this was a problem for me! I will give my view of the B&B for other users who may have the same preferences as I do!

The room we were given had a double bed and also a single bed. Over head the double bed the headboard was burnt from the over head reading lights. The room decor is very dated. The beds had a satin dated bed throw on top of the bed sheets, The room was clean but as it has an old feel about it I couldn't help but think that it could have been cleaner! There was a kettle, two odd mugs and two odd spoons stored in the poky press on a cheap plastic tray that had a paper mat on top of it with tea/coffee stains...needless to say I was disgusted with this.
The en suite bathroom was modern with a power shower which is the nicest shower I have ever been in!
The hair dryer didn't work. There was no iron but the proprietor did iron my partners jeans which was very nice of her!
The room also had an LCD TV.

The location is ideal, it is within walking distance of the town so there is no need for the expense of taxi's.
The breakfast we were given in the morning was gorgeous I would highly recommend it.

If you like an old charming B&B's then perhaps this is for you. As I prefer modern accommodation I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple