Arriving at Aherne’s late on Tuesday evening for our last night of a ten day tour of Ireland and Northern Ireland, we were greeted from the main road by the owner, John who personally guided us from the secure and private car parking to our spacious rooms in this warm and homely hotel.
The rooms were very clean and fully appointed, with desk (Wi-Fi included) flat-screen TV, armchair, king size bed and large bathroom. Having settled in we headed downstairs to the formal restaurant (bar dining was also available) to experience the local tasting menu for which we had read excellent reviews.
We were not disappointed, quite the opposite – after a full seven courses of delightful, fresh and locally sourced seafood, along with drink pairings including a miniature Guinness with oysters and port with the cheese course, we needed to take a brisk walk around the block to re-invigorate before returning to the cosy hotel bar for a nightcap.
The dark wood and brass bar was lightly populated with fellow guests and our hosts with whom we had the pleasure of putting the world to rights over Guinness, Murphys and Bushmills. As two Brits and a New Zealander, we were made to feel as if regulars and thoroughly enjoyed the evening as we did our entire stay.
The bed was extremely comfortable and the room perfectly dark and peaceful. After a wonderful night’s sleep, we returned downstairs, past the real open fire in the drawing room, to a delicious full Irish breakfast and a cheerful morning greeting from our friendly host. Check-out was fast and simple and on departure our only regret was not being able to stay for longer.
We highly recommend Aherne’s to other visitors whether for overnight accommodation or even if just to dine – the food really is superb and reasonably priced for the quality. A short drive from either Cork or Kinsale add Aherne’s as a MUST when you (next) visit Southern Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family run Townhouse Hotel Youghal, County Cork and famous Seafood Restaurant. Based in the historic walled seaside town of Youghal on the beautiful sunny south east coast of Ireland. We serve a bar food menu daily from 12am- 10pm. We aim to be one of the best place to stay and eat in Ireland. We offer spacious and inviting accommodation in Youghal and the best of locally sourced seafood. We are also a proud member of Ireland's Blue Book. Aherne's Hotel & Seafood Restaurant Youghal is on the beautiful south coast of Ireland with lots of things to do and see in the local region. Within easy reach of the major cities of Cork and Waterford, airports, ferries and main roads - Aherne's is the the perfect base for leisure and business breaks in Cork. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Aherne's Townhouse Hotel Youghal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aherne`s Seafood Restaurant And Luxury Hotel
- Ahernes Seafood Hotel Luxury