All reviews beautiful hotel green park high standard fish pie room with a sea view sea front family wedding poached eggs function room sunday lunch would highly recommend this hotel one night stay lovely view scones first floor perfect stay no hesitation in recommending this hotel
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Firstly must say that the staff were excellent and very friendly. The restaurant was very good value for the quality. I got an older room, very clean and lovely view of the bay. Youghal is a beautiful town and this hotel is max. 10 minutes walking to the town centre.

I wish the new owners the best of luck with their enterprise - they were both very friendly. The standard and style of the interior is very tasteful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
BarbaraWRH, Manager at Walter Raleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your stay here at the Walter Raleigh Hotel.

Hopefully if you return to us again, you will be rewarded with a stay in one of our newly refurbished bedrooms, do please mention this request when booking.

The owners of this hotel designed the interior themselves and are delighted that you find it to be so tasteful and suitable.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just back from what I can say enjoyable night at the Walter from arriving yesterday we were met with the receptionist Laura who had a smile on face from the greeting still we left this morning such a pleasant person breakfast was perfect staff was pleasant and couldn't do more thanks to Marie and the rest of the staff who made our stay most enjoyable have to say we were there a year go my total different place thanks again and we will be back

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, you will be pleased to know that Laura’s smile is even brighter now from your kind comments!
We truly appreciate your kind words as we are very proud of our hard working team here and love when their efforts are acknowledged.

We hope that you may get the chance to return to us again soon,

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My partner and I stayed here for two nights for a short break. When we drove up to it, we didn't really think much of it as there was scaffolding outside and it looked shabby. Once you get inside it is a completely different story! the lobby area was bright and fresh, and the bar was lovely! There is also ample parking. Our room was on the third floor and we were pointed to the lift to go up, and that was the first and last time we used it, as it was very old, very slow and didn't feel one bit safe! Our room was gorgeous with an amazing view of the sea right across the road! Unfortunately the renovations on the hotel started very early (8am or before) and woke us up, and was so noisy it was giving us headaches! Staff were very friendly, and I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 100,125
BarbaraWRH, Manager at Walter Raleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to be able to say that the scaffolding has been taken down! I hope that you appreciate that it was necessary in order to facilitate the extensive ongoing renovations throughout the last 6 months.

I feel I must assure you that the lift is perfectly safe and has to undergo regular safety inspections and maintenance; it is simply slower than many newer elevators.

I am delighted that you we pleased with your room and the panoramic views it offered and I can only apologise for the noise disturbance from the onsite workers. They normally do not start as early when guests are asleep and had we been notified that you were awoken from the noise we would have contacted them to stop immediately.

We are very proud of our hard working team here and are delighted that you acknowledged their efforts.

We hope that you may stay with us again,

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Clearly this is a work in progress, lobby and bar very good. yes the lift need to be upgraded. room very clean but basic. But what ever you do keep the chef, food excellent. Good breakfast not a buffet, I dont mind waiting a few minutes. Staff lovely. Very good value

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen M

Dear Reviwer,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Your kind comments have been passed to the kitchen, a new chef has indeed only recently joined our team and we will most definitely be holding onto him, proudly showcasing more of what he has to offer!

I am glad that you appreciate the value in your stay with us; we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The rooms and the bar area is fine. They are doing a lot of work on the hotel and from my last visit it is alot brighter and clean looking, but they need to get in a new lift.
The only thing you must watch out for is, they take out €150 from your card, in case you smoke in the room. I am sure they are meant to tell you, but we were not. We do not smoke and have not for at least 15 years. The only other thing is that Breakfast was abit slow, but as the number of people ringing looking for work, this should improve.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
BarbaraWRH, Manager at Walter Raleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Guest thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We only pre-authorise your card on arrival for €150.00 we do not take any money. If you use a credit card on check-in it does not affect your balance on your card account but if you use a debit card your bank will hold the pre-authorised amount. We only receive payment when you check out and we complete the transaction. It is our policy to inform our guests and provide them with a copy of the card receipt, please accept my apologies if this did not happen. We cook all breakfasts to order, which we think is far superior to the buffet option, we note your comments and will monitor the service time. We too would love a new lift but you will be happy to know that it has recently passed its independent safety inspection.