“Great Family Hotel”

Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Youghal
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The rooms were spacious and clean. The leisure centre was busy and fun. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only negative i can say, it's not exactly a romantic spot, the hotel was full of children who seemed to having a ball. Plenty for them to do.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
AllenMcEnery, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Thank you for your review and glad all was to a good standard. We are firmly in the home holiday leisure market for July & August however this changes in the off season and we have a good mix of business including those looking for a romantic break. Regrds Allen Mc Enery

Reviewed 21 August 2012

A large group of us (4 Mothers and 10 kids) stayed here in two of the onsite houses for 4 nights. The houses were great, roomy and very clean. Staff came by each day to offer fresh towels, empty bins and hoover for us if we wished. The location of the houses was fantastic as they were around a central green area where the kids could (and did!) go wild playing in a safe place where we could see them. Proximity to the beach was fantastic and the added advantage of the pool area really made the holiday. The hotel itself was nice, the staff were helpful but I would have to say the food prices are a little excessive. Bearing in mind that this is a family spot prices could be a little more competitive. We ate in the bar once but then remained firmly eating in the house!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and I am glad you had an enjoyable break with us and you found the holiday homes were presented well. At the end of each season we reivew the operation and your feedback will be considered, including the price and selection of food available. We hope to be able to pass on some savings in this regard. Thanks again and hope to see you back again in the future. Regards Allen Mc Enery

Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is my third time to stay in the self catering apartments in 18 months. Kids love it. However this time I was a little disappointed. The bed in the master room was atrocious. Couldn't wait to get home to my own bed. After 6pm in the bar it is a no go area. No seats when we arrived and people tend to hang around for the evening while their kids go to cinema. Could do with a larger area.

Playground area is only suitable for toddlers. My 5 and 7 year old had no interest in it.

Otherwise staff lovely and friendly and apartment clean. Won't rush back but that's only because I have stayed three times in the past 18 months.

Would however recommend it.

1  Thank Louisecatherine24

Thank you for your review, I am surprised that you did not find the bed comfortable as these were all replaced less that 9 months ago. You are right when the hotel is full and the weather not great it can be difficult to get a seat in the bar area unless you are down early, however of a fine evening the opposite can be the case as people are out on the deck area or strolling along the beach. Hopefully we will see you back in Redbarn next season. Regards Allen Mc Enery

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends and spent little time in the hotel as was touring around the area. I think this hotel is more geared towards families and certainly caters for children. The bar was swarming with children and stressed looking parents. The bar food was basic and there was little service as you had to order and pay at the bar.
Our room did not have enough towels (which was rectified soon enough) but the worst part was the lack of drainage in the shower/bath. As there was 3 of us in the room it was totally gross to be showering in someone else's water. I went to reception twice about the problem. The first evening they tried to plunge the bath but it didn't make any difference. The next morning they just said that they would tell housekeeping. NO reduction to the bill or any attempt to properly sort the matter. Worn looking shower curtain and bath mat didn't appeal either.

Unfortunately our room was close to reception (don't stay in 1001), pop music blared from 7 am!!!!! Luckily the electricity went in the hotel at approx 7.30 am so we had a little bit of peace and quiet from the banging music.
Breakfast was basic! I know the hotel caters for children but surely someone could clean the carpet between sittings. The place was filthy. There were no plates for the hot food, I had to ask the staff. The potatoes were rock hard! The hot drinks are dispensed from push button machines.
It is such a shame as the dining area looks out onto the beach. This hotel could really be something special but they seemed to have decided to go for the lowest common factors.

Room Tip: not near reception
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cpepperpot

Thank you for your review and your feedback in relation to the hotel. I am sorry to hear that there were issue's with your shower / bath. This room is on ground floor near both recpetion and the front door and this suits some people and is often requested, however the downside is that it may be a little noisier becasue of the traffic through reception particularly in peak season. The restaurant is cleaned thoroughly after each sitting, breakfast & dinner, but certainly gets a hit between 10.00 and 11.00 in the morning as you saw. This is unavoidable but we do try to keep the restaurant as clean and presentable as possible. Regards Allen Mc Enery

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed in holiday home for 4 nights. Family of 2 adults, 6 year old and 2 year old. Well, all I can say is after coming straight from Trabolgan, it was like entering a palace when we entered our house! It was so clean and spacious I fantasised it was actually mine!! Ate in house most of time as facilities so good. One downside was no stairgate so kids slept downstairs in mastersuite. Oh well, at least it meant I could rest easy and had fabulous sleep in comfort in upstairs room. Didn't even need third bedroom. Also, need for waste disposal near houses. Will definitely be returning in a few years. Used the pool facilities in hotel, got 2 spa treatments for 75 euro and availed of the 'cinema' for the kids. Went to Perks amusement place in Youghal and walked along the boardwalk. Went to Fota Wildlife, Cobh and Monkey Maze in Glanmire, all well worth a visit. Redbarn beach 3 mins walk from house. It has it all and works out far cheaper than Trabolgan! Thumbs up all round. Well done Youghal!

Room Tip: Definitely do the holiday house and maybe bring stairgate if toddlers with. No need for towels, plen...
1  Thank Sheila M
AllenMcEnery, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thanks for the nice review. I am glad that we ticked most of the boxes during your recent stay. The two points you mention are very valid, we have not got into the stairgate area and our insurers are happy with that. We do allow customers to bring their own and hang them for the duration of the break. As you probably saw we do have waste collection area's on both sites of holiday homes but we have removed all the bins. The reason for this was that these area's became unsighlty and untidy even with three waste collections a week. We do a mini service on the houses and empty the bins and we will collect rubbish from any house or apartment at any time upon request. We hope to see you in Redbarn again in the future, regards Allen Mc Enery

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Quality Hotel in Youghal, with my Parents, Husband and 2 kids. We had a really nice stay, the room were spacious and airy considering we had a travel cot and buggy and all the gear that comes with a 10 month and a 3 year old!

I found the hotel to be VERY child frendly and and in opinion if your children are enjoying their break so are you!!

I have to complement the staff on their honesty - when we were departing my son told me he was hungry we had a 3 hour journey home and were traveling in 2 cars so I decided to get him a sandwich in the bar for the journey home. With all the going I left my wallet on the bonnet of the car and only noticed when I got home, I telephoned the hotel and was greeted by another friendly member of staff and was told that my wallet was found in the car park by a Aga a member of staff and was in the safe and the accommodation manager would contact me to arrange getting it couriered up to me, I received this today with great delight as the wallet means a lot to me.

I can honestly say I had a super 3 day stay at your hotel and what top it off for me was the honestly of the staff and the pleasant approach of all the staff during our stay.

I will be making a trip back for sure soon:-)

2  Thank ClareCol

Thank you for your kind review and we are delighted that you enjoyed yourself. We put a lot of emphasis on staff training so it is nice to see that it is working. Aga was delighted with her mention, thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back again. Regards Allen McEnery

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just back from a great week in youghal, stayed in a house on the quality hotel complex, on arrival you are greeted warmly at reception, given all the info you'll need for your stay and directed to your house, which I must say was spotless when we arrived, it had everything and more, we'll definitely be going back

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank flynner
AllenMcEnery, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

thank you for your review and your positive ratings. Delighted to hear you had a great time and that you will be back. Regards Allen Mc Enery

Also consider these accommodations in or near Youghal
Walter Raleigh Hotel
Garryvoe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Garryvoe
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal? Share your experiences!