“New Clancy's is brilliant!”

Clancy's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Youghal
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Gastropub, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: With an impressive selection of beers, wines, whiskeys and cocktails, Clancy's is among the premier locations for a good night out in East Cork-whether it's to meet up with friends, celebrate a special occasion, enjoy the live music or catch any and all international sporting events on the bar's flat-screen TVs. The beauty of Youghal speaks for itself-where Cork meets Waterford, where the Blackwater meets the Celtic Sea, and where strong traditions meet the present day. There's no better way to take in that beauty than with a walk along the Strand. And while you're down here, call into Clancy's for a bit of refreshment-be it at the bar, in the dining room or in our beer garden
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The re launched Clancy's is absolutely stunning. The decor has been overhauled to reflect the past of the bar as the railway pub. Old photos of the Youghal railway in its heyday, statues of train conductors, even a model train winds around the ceiling!

No expense has been spared in revamping the interior and exterior Clancy's. Wooden floors, nice brick work, and even an outdoor bar on the verandah add to its charm. The menu is extensive and more upper class than your standard pub grub fare. The outdoor verandah is also perfect for a drink in the sun while looking out to the sea. Highly recommended!

2  Thank tooshortda5foot5
Padraig H, Owner at Clancy's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi,

Thank-you so much for writing such a lovely review about Clancy's. It really makes all the hard work worthwhile when we receive such lovely reviews!

Many Thanks

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The food here is excellent BUT the time it takes for service and for the food to be served is painful......We were waiting 1 hour 15 mins with young children to get our meal, TOO LONG. When we asked what was taking so long we were told it took 20 minutes to cook the steak and burgers, that's a long way off 1 hour 15 minutes, if it was only 20 minutes I would have been quite happy.... It really does let the place down, everything is top class except the wait.......

2  Thank PTDW
Padraig H, Owner at Clancy's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hi PTDW,

Thanks a million for writing a review about your experience here at Clancy's. Firstly, thanks for your lovely comment about our food and establishment etc. we really do appreciate it!

Yes, everything we have is made fresh to order, we do not posses any Frozen Food here at Clancy's so a Burger and a Steak should still only take 20 to 25 minutes. I really do apologize you had a long wait and I am sorry that a Manager was not informed. We seat about 280 people inside and outside which is regularly full and while sometimes there may be a wait, an hour and 15 minutes is an extremely long wait. Again, I really do apologize as we would not be regularly full if everybody's food took over an hour each and every time they came to Clancy's as I am sure you can appreciate!

If you did ever decide to come back to Clancy's, I would appreciate if you could look for me personally!

Thanks

We are wo

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Don't By-Pass Clancy's when your in Youghal. You wont be disappointed. Great food with a lovely view. You get exactly what is says on the TIN, I will recommend it to everyone. 5***** for me. They also have a great beer garden overlooking the sea.

Hi Frank,

We really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to write such a lovely review and look forward to seeing you again sometime!

Thanks

Reviewed 26 May 2014

went for spin with himself and ended up in clancys for lunch, have bee there quite a few times before and always had the taglatelli with pesto, pine nuts tomatoes and rocket with garlic bread, and himself always had the salmon croquet both are fab by the way so was looking forward to having same but both were off the menu, so we decided to give something else a try, I had the french onion soup with garlic and parmasan cheese, it was to die for, himself didnt have a starter but did eat the homemade brown bread I got with my soup, for mains I had the ceaser salad with chicken beat I have ever had in my life and I have had some good ones, it was to die for, the crutons made fresh mmmmmmmmmmmmm, himself had the open steak sammy with homemade chips again fab, steak just melted in his mouth, chips very very good, could not have dessert as we were too full, price very reasonable, and the staff as usual were so efficiant and friendly, topping up water jug asking was everything ok would advise anyone to go for sunday lunch and if booking ask for the window seat, the view of the sea is amazing.

Hi Ita,

Thank-you so much for taking the time out to write such a lovely, lovely review! I am sorry the Croquettes were not on, we like to change the Menu up from time to time and they will be back at the end of the Summer. Enjoy your Summer and thanks again!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Local to Youghal have had lovely dining experiences here. Was so glad this establisment opened again. The decor and effort that has been put into the place is outstanding. I sincerely hope it is a complete success for the owner and will remain open for a long long time. However I hate to say I was left confused and disappointed on the first real nice evening of the summer May 15th 2014. It left a sour taste,and I don't mean the food.
We had a drink first outside as it was still quite warm, we decided to go indoors to eat, as it was getting slightly chilly. We were given the menus, one for inside, one for outside eating. I hate this practice in restaurants, In my opinion It never goes down well. Firstly, the inside menu was very very limited and the dishes that were also available on the outdoor menu were all dearer to eat inside!!! again hate this practice it's the same dish, It says to me if you want to eat indoors in this establishment YOU WILL BE CHARGED EXTRA. Why treat your customers like this???? .The outdoor menu was an extensive menu, reasonably priced also, but why have such a lovely menu for outdoors when you can never rely on eating outdoors in Ireland. We went back outside, ordered from the outdoor menu, waiting quite awhile, It got cold I said we were going inside, to eat there was no issue made of this.
So why have two menus? Why have fish & chips, and the burger on both menus at different prices? It left a bit of a sour taste with me anyway. My opinion of the place has slightly shifted.
The wait on food coming from the kitchen was way too long also, I hate to think how they will cope if we get a good summer and they are busy !!

3  Thank Cath P
Padraig H, Owner at Clancy's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi Cath P,

Firstly, thank-you for taking the time out to stop into Clancy's. I am really sorry but we actually do not have 2 different prices for the items on the Beer Garden and the Lunch Menu inside. We actually only started the Beer Garden Menu that week you came in for the first time since we opened and our Lunch Menu was also changed that same week and unfortunately, it was an error on our behalf along with another Menu that we found that was old with old prices so it is actually the same price inside and outside because as you mentioned it would be a little ridiculous having 2 different prices. Unfortunately, you happened to get 1 of the 2 Menus which were not replaced so apologies for that!!!

Also, our inside Lunch Menu has actually more items than the outside Menu has and we feel we have covered everything in our inside Lunch Menu. We cook everything fresh to order and we do not have one frozen product on our Menu, everything is fresh so you can not have a massive Menu to offer with all fresh food ....

Finally, we have 2 different Menus as we seat over 300 people inside and outside and our Kitchen is downstairs so it is better as a Business to limit our outdoor Menu so when we are full inside and outside people are not waiting.. We also did Barbeques last year on the deck which people loved and on nice days, we will be sure to bring it back in the Summer to provide extra food outside.

Thanks again for your feedback.