“Love it”

Ranked #12 of 36 Restaurants in Tramore
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An Irish bar with unique features, bringing you back in time to the way life was.
ireland
“Love it”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Love this place. Huge menus to cater for all tastes. It's also very reasonable. Hard to find but just look up the hill for the grand hotel and its next door. Food stops at 9pm then the usually have live music. Great atmosphere in traditional Irish pub. Perfect!

• Visited August 2013

• Czech first
kerry
“top nosh”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

just one word....super restaurant,,,menu,,,staff,,service all 110%..my partener had steak ..mmmmmmm and i had fish,,,,mmmmmmm and the service from the staff from when we went to the front door till we left was super,,,well done to them all,,,and from 10 sat evening a great dj spinning all the oldy hits 60,70,80,s a place well worth a visit

Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Gone downhill since last year!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Had dinner here with my husband for our anniversary last year and it was fabulous so on a return trip this year we decided to try it again! Big mistake! Firstly the seafood platter used to be on the regular menu at €16 it's now€25! I chose it anyway as it had been gorgeous last year! And my husband ordered a steak. I have Crohn's disease so I asked if there could be no dressings on the platter! The waiter said no problem so I was reassured! Having waited an hour for our meals however my platter arrived covered in mayonnaise and dressing! I returned it only to be brought back a pathetic effort of a salad! It had a tiny piece of lobster, 5 small tiger prawns, 4 mussels and 6 crab toes!!! I was disgusted! In addition the service was very poor, the table next to us ordered a bottle of white wine but were brought red and had to wait a very long time for their mealsalso! I was very disappointed, it ruined our anniversary night out! We won't be going back!

• Visited July 2013
Limerick, Ireland
“i want to eat the entire menu”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

as i travel to tramore once a year slowly but surely i'm getting my way through all of pauls fab food, staff were brilliant as usual and had a great laugh with all of them again can't wait to see ye all again next year!!!!!

Visited June 2013
Newport, Wales
“Once we discovered The Esquire, we stopped looking elsewhere.”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

When we’re on our first visit to a town we usually plan to try out all the different eating places. But then sometimes you find somewhere you like and you just go back. Such was The Esquire Restaurant in Raglan Road Pub. In fact, one evening we were in a town 20 miles away looking at the different places to eat, and then we thought, “No – let’s wait till we get back to Tramore”. Apparently they sometimes have live music, although it was piped when we were there, but at least it was proper Irish music. Good food, good beer, good service, good atmosphere, good value.

• Visited June 2013