“More flies than a rubbish tip. ”
Review of The Vee Bistro

The Vee Bistro
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Tramore
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have eaten here many times in the past but never before with my wife and 2 kids . Ages 3 and 1 . On arriving we were welcomed by one big fly after the next . It freaked out our 3yr old so much that she spent the whole time afraid one would land on her food . Honestly I wanted to leave immediately but my wife persuaded me to stay. I ordered soup just so I would not delay our exit . The high chair arrived . We usually wipe these things with a few disinfection wipes but this one had no hope . Two wipes in both manky and we gave up. Would it kill them to clean it like?
I heald our 1 year old the whole time and we ate as fast as possible just to get out . The waitress was clueless too. We had to call her back to order drinks. She never offered any. I watched as the flies landed on other people's meals and one guy even attempted to kill a few with a serviette. I work next to a major recycling plant and we don't have as many flies as this place . Overall it's horrible and I wish we went to a chipper and at in our car. Give it another few weeks and this place will be full of wasps . That's my review . No word of a lie !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been around Southern Ireland for the last five days. We normally have eaten bar meals. So tonight on our last night we thought we would try a proper restaurant and this was the dogs you know what. The staff were excellent the food was great . We did not know about the cheap meal before 6:45, but is was worth it. We had a great time and I would advise everyone to visit it. Really nice. It was full and that means people like it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Without a doubt the Vee Bistro is the gem in the crown of Tramore’s Dining Scene. Time and time again this never fails to disappoint on quality and service. It’s so uber popular that you really need to pre book if you’re planning a dinner date or coffee get together. It’s particularly popular on Saturday nights for groups and couples for dinner and Sunday morning for families and tourists for breakfast and brunch, with queues out the door. Other restaurants should take note of them for providing one of the best eating experiences locally. They have a very varied and tantalising menu ranging from braised steak to chicken and fish dishes all served with potatoes, chips or selection of vegetables. At 6.45pm we qualified for the early bird menu. We chose starters of breadcrumbed goats cheese with salad leaves. We were given a selection of sliced bread and dips and chose a bottle of wine from the varied wine menu. Our main course was the chicken with mushroom sauce and it was beautifully presented and tasted delicious served with vegetables and dauphinois potatoes. The desserts looked substantial - a couple next to us had travelled from New Ross to dine there and had shared a huge chocolate brownie with ice cream together. Lemon cheesecake and ice creams were also on offer but we were too full! A two course meal on the early bird discount was £20 per person which was very reasonable plus cost of wine. We dropped in for Coffee the following day and shared some coffee cake which was lovely and moist. Due to the bistro being so crowded we had to wait a short while for a table. Will definitely recommend and look forward to visiting again. The staff are superb and always try to accommodate you if you’re desperate for a bite to eat!

1  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Had the most amazing meal at Vee Bistro, recommended by Ann and Tom Lawler at Fernhill B&B in Tramore. Had a special scallop appetizer with parsnip purée, and John Dory filet with scalloped potatoes and assorted vegetables. Had a lovely raspberry sorbet Bellini as well. My five companions all raced about their meals as well. Hostess and server could not have been more hospitable or more attentive. This is a five star restaurant with absolutely terrific service!

1  Thank Vicki G
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely breakfast, Egg Benedict was just fabulous. Only problem was the tea. It was served too early so was a little cold when the food arrived. Also, there was a slight taste (chlorine I think ?)from the tea.