“Our best dining experience in tramore in2013”
Review of The Market Street Restaurant - CLOSED

The Market Street Restaurant
Price range: US$23 - US$40
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A place to relax, unwind and enjoy good food and drink. We are using mainly local and home produced ingredients.Our speciality would include Comeragh Mountain lamb, dry aged beef, fresh fish from Dunmore East (Dublin Bay prawns, crab & scallops).We are looking forward to cook for you soon!
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Ok the place might be a little cramped and a little noisy when full but the dining experience is
Worth the effort.
This is food of really excellent quality and freshness,well prepared and presented.
Proper table linen and settings. Very good wine list not the usual .
Tried the pork main.......excellent
We dine out in tramore maybe twice a week. ....retired.
We frequent all decent venues.....i'd rate this one tops for the moment .

1  Thank Hugh H

Reviewed 3 October 2013

have been looking for this place for a while now and got there just in time for opening,was greeted by the owner /chef [his waiting staff were getting ready ,]i tried the prawns to start ,a meltin your mouth experience and a filling portion .then i tried the monkfish wrapped in bacon,with a nice side of veg,excellent food ,service and value ,i will be back

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We opted for the 3 course Menu for 2 with a bottle of wine for 60 euros.This was .excellent value for money,the starters we had were prawn salad packed with prawns with Marie rose sauce with crisp lettuce ,my husband had the kidneys in a mustard sauce, beautiful !i opted for the 8 oz Angus Steak beautifully cooked and brandy pepper sauce served with fresh veg and baked potato and chips ,My husband had a smoked salmon penne pasta ,lovely flavours The portions were generous the flavours superb .i had no room for dessert but my husband had a lovely rice pudding with pineapple ,a tasty homemade Pud.The waiting staff were efficient and friendly .We were on our way to Raglan rd restaurant but the kitchen was closed at 8 , boy am i glad it was closed we might never have found this little gem of a restaurant .Well done Michael Mee (Chef).

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Recently dined here for the first time. Heard alot of people speak well of it. Afraid I didn't share the same sentiment by the time we'd left. We were being entertained by business colleagues. If I had to pay for this meal myself i wouldn't be best pleased. We dined early with only another few in the restaurant. The decor is quirky which I quite liked. I was the last to finish my starter and the waitress had removed everyone else's plate while I was still eating which made me feel rushed instead of waiting til everyone was finished. The mains was a a pesto crust Dunmore cod, cooked very nicely but completely tasteless and bland. There was only one bowl of veg between 5 of us and a bowl of red cabbage which no one liked so there wasn't enough veg for everyone. One bowl of small roast potatoes, with about 10 in the bowl. Still not enough for everyone.. If there had Been a male in Our party we would have had nothing to eat for at least 3 of Us. Dessert was a pavalova with so much cream on it I had to look for the pavalova. With fruit that tasted very strongly of garlic. I just couldn't eat it. It didnt represent good value for money, I like to eat healthily and eat small portions but when you have to eat 2 slices of toast when you come isn't a good restaurant experience. I'm afraid it would be my first and last time to eat here.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Only went to this restaurant as my other usual place in Tramore was fully booked out. On arrival we were the only people there but it soon filled up which was great to see. I had eaten here previously but it was under different management & a different name so I was looking forward to the new menu. They had a fantastic early bird menu with loads of variety & a very reasonable offer of 3 courses for two people & a bottle of wine for €60.00. The food was just fantastic, I did make a bad choice with my starter, I didn't enjoy it much but that was my own fault & I could not blame anyone else for that. The dessert was to die for, a chocolate fondant so nice we ordered another to have between us ! I will definitely return here again, the service was excellent there was just one guy running front of house & he did a great job. One thing I will say the restaurant is kind of off the beaten path & I think it could lose out on custom due to its location so maybe signage on the main street would make people more aware they are there.