“Not a bad hotel”
Review of O'Shea's Hotel

O'Shea's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tramore
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Just back from a 2 ngt stay at this small, but at the centre of things, hotel. On arrival we were meet by the lovely Sheila,a very pleasant and chatty woman. When we entered our room i got a distinct smell, not sure what it was but it may have had something to do with the toilet problem we had the following morning, which was sorted ,but as i say i can not be sure. The room was small but ok for a 2 ngt stay,any longer and i would be saying it was cramped , also the bathroom was small and the door could do with a gallon of 3-1 oil badly!.Beds were clean and comfy but did creak. Breakfast was large,hot and set us up for the day served by very helpful staff. I have been going to Tramore since 1999 and i have to say i always enjoy myself and this time was no different. I have been in this hotel many times over the years but have never stayed in it. I have to say i would not have a problem staying in it again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for your review.
It was our pleasure to accommodate you & your partner for two night. Sorry about the problem with your toilet, but little problem like this happen from time to time and we do our best to solve the problem immediately.
If I had known that you were unhappy with your room size I would have upgraded you to a larger room & hopefully the bed won't creak this time. Please let us know when you will be in Tramore again, and I will ensure to reserve a larger room for you.

Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in April with a group touring the South East.

This was the second time we have stayed here and once again the hospitality was fantastic! Nothing was too much trouble. At very short notice evening entertainment was laid on which was truly first class.

Breakfast is absolutely lush and plentiful and the evening meals in the bar were great and quite reasonable for the good quality.

Rooms were of an acceptable standard, not that we were in them much as the bar was so friendly and atmospheric.

Great place to stay if looking to take in some travel around the South East.

I must congratulate the management and staff on a very well run establishment who made us all feel so welcome!

• Stayed: April 2012

It was such a pleasure to accommodate your party again this year. it was great to hear your band on the promenade practicing for your events.
We have received great reports from the Food Festival in Dungarvan where you played twice and I am sure that you & your band will be invited back to play for them again.

It was wonderful to meet you all again & hopefully you will get back here very soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Went with my husband and our dog to the Hotel for 3 nights. All the staff were very friendly. The Hotel and our room was very clean, and we had a sea view,which was great. There was a nice relaxed feeling about the place. Food in the reastaurant and bar was good,with a great service from the staff.We didnt feel aukward with our dog at all,everyone was very nice to her.
We will definately go there again,pity there wasnt more Hotels like this,so we could always take our dog with us.
Thankyou to everyone there for a great time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you for your nice review. It was our pleasure to accommodate you both and most especially your beautiful little dog. We, here in O'Shea's Hotel are all dog lovers and we understand the you need to take you pet dog with you on your holidays, therefore we make all well behaved dogs welcome.
We hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your holiday in Ireland and we look forward to seeing you here again.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed at the hotel on the 7th of april for one night with a group of 13 for a hen night, we stayed in the house across the road, rooms were clean and spacious enough not five star but comfortable, we paid 70pps which was absolutely great value for what we got, we had a free cocktail each, an evening meal and the food was lovely, bit slow bringing out chips to go with the steak, a glass of wine with our dinner and champagne with our breakfast, the staff were all lovely, bit difficult getting served in the slip in had to go into the main bar to get served, considering there was about 20 of us drinking they didn't make too much of an effort to come into the bar to serve us. On leaving the Bride to be thanked the lady at reception and told her everything was lovely to which she replied' except for the fighting' which I thought was quiet rude as it was in fact a local that hit one of the girls with us because her boyfriend had been eyeing her up. I just didn't think there was any need for it to be said as the bouncers had dealt with the problem on the night and none of our party were at fault.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shazzasharrie
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for your review, it was our pleasure to accommodate you & your friends for the hen party. I apologise for the delay in service in The Slip Inn.

I (Noreen O'shea) was the person on duty on Sunday Morning, I thanked the Bride to be on her departure, she told me that they had a wonderful night and that the food & service was excellent.
Out of concern - I said that I hoped that the altercation that took place with one of her hens did not ruin her night, and she assured me that it didn't and as I said it out of concern that I asked this question as I would hate for her night to be ruined by a small altercation. We continued to chat about her up coming wedding & I wished her the best of luck for her wedding day, I thought that she was an exceptionally nice person & I certainly would not do or say anything to upset her.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We went for a long weekend for December wedding... directly next to the lovely beach, family-run hotel, warm, welcoming and very helpful staff. We ate in both the bar and restaurant and had great food and service. The hotel bar stays open for the guests. And we had amazing weather for December!
Definitely to be recommended!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank klickx23
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

It was our pleasure to accommodate you & to cater for the beautiful German/English wedding.
It was so nice to see the two cultures mixing with the traditional Irish culture. The bright sunny days added to the enjoyment, especially the surfing on the day following the wedding.
Hope to see you all back in Tramore again.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Well I live around the corner from O'Sheas Hotel and have done for nearly a year. Got my exam results and passed all of them so decided, along with my girlfriend, to go round the corner for a drink to celebrate the fact that I have now got a degree.
Got into the Slip Inn which is a bar in the hotel and asked for a pitcher of beer for the 2 of us. In both O'Sheas bar and the slip inn they have a deal with posters on the wall advertising it saying 1 pitcher of beer for €10. Now I have got this deal before so thought nice one.
The elderly gent with glasses behind the bar didnt look like he fancied coming into the Slip Inn to serve us so I had to walk into O'Sheas which is connected through a door. The elderly barman was having a coffee whilst deep in chat with somebody at the bar.
Heres where it gets bad. I asked for the deal and was told in no uncertain terms he knew nothing about it. I then told the man that it was on the poster in the Slip Inn which was met with a response of he knows nothing about it. I then pointed out the EXACT SAME poster on the wall behind the man with the deals at which point he had a quick look and said it was only for The Venue (the nightclub attached to the hotel). I had another look at the poster which said on it THE VENUE, O'SHEAS BAR and THE SLIP INN. I pointed this out to the man who asked me was I stupid that he didnt know about the deal. I told the gent it was right there on the poster which he said I CAN [--] READ IT. He then claimed it was a nighttime deal to which I said iv got it during the day before and then the gent claimed it "WAS JUST FOR LOCALS". This staggered me as the man claimed not to have a clue about the deal just a few minutes before. I then told the gent I lived around the corner and got no response as this man was drinking his coffee trying to ignore me whilst chatting. This was 3.30pm during the day btw.
I then asked by way of comparison would he give me the deal on the CARLSBERG €3 sign to which he said ya he knew about that deal. I then asked could I speak to somebody about it to which he claimed there was nobody there. The gent then called me a eijit and went down the other end of the bar refusing to talk to me before returning to which I said I believed he was quite unpleasant before leaving. Not once did i raise my voice yet got a volley of abuse.
I have since posted my concerns on the groups facebook page to which was promptly deleted as well as my comments asking for an explanation were also deleted and my like for this groups facebook page taken away.
I have recommended friends to stay here before but not anymore as this level of service was quite simply awful and will in future avoid both the establishment and its bars. Shocking.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SMinihane
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Customer, I am absolutely disgusted by the attitude of our barman. How dare he treat you or any of our customers in such a unprofessional manner. I can assure you that he will be severely reprimanded for his actions.
Also shame on me for not keeping a better eye on The Slip Inn & for assuming that older members of staff would ensure that our customers are treated with dignity & respect. Customer care & value for money have always been paramount in our hotel for the past 43 years and I intend to ensure that that customer care is restored immediately.Thank you for bring this matter to my attention.
I would like you to call into the Hotel Reception at some time to have a chat & I would like to give you a Hotel Voucher to try to make amends for the wrong that was done to you. Once again, my sincere apologies.

Noreen O’Shea.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

We have been to stay at this hotel to be close to the horse racing course, we must say it was a shock when we got there to be told we wudnt be in the hotel but in another building, but it turned out to be very nice, one point i must make is to let everyone know how friendly and helpful the staff are in the restaurant, the ladies cant do enough for you, we had our evening meal on new year eve and also breakfast on two mornings, cant comment on the bar food as we didnt try it, rooms are large and spacious, so wud defo be back if we are back down in that area, many thanks the copper room staff, u really are brilliant thanks.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Firstly apologies for not been informed that not our hotel rooms are located within the main building, we have made this quiet clean on our web-site, but perhaps your reservation was made by phone. I would like to say that all our rooms are registered with the tourist board.
We are so proud of all our staff and we thank you for your comments. We do hope to see you for the next race meeting in Tramore.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tramore
Waterford Marina Hotel
#5 of 12 in Waterford
Viking Hotel Waterford
Viking Hotel Waterford
#9 of 12 in Waterford

Been to O'Shea's Hotel? Share your experiences!