“Lovely hotel shame about €25 charge for dog”
Review of O'Shea's Hotel

O'Shea's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tramore
“Lovely hotel shame about €25 charge for dog”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend of dog shows. Was here last year too. Dismayed however at the €25 charge for the dog this year considering the room was barely large enough for his crate. I travel a lot for shows & the dog always stay free.

Otherwise a lovely hotel, clean, nice location & friendly staff, although next year I will be looking for somewhere with no extra charges.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Knine07
Good Morning Knine,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as dog lovers ourselves we really appreciate any hotel that allows us to take our little dog with us on holidays (and I am sure that you are aware that they are diffucult to find). We think that €25.00 is a reasonable charge for a dog, as having any animal in a hotel bedroom incurs extra cleaning as the room would require a really deep clean following your visit, you may not notice any dog hairs, but another guest who may not be a dog lover would notice, and our housekeepers tell me that animal hairs linger in the air, so therefore they have to continue to revisit the room hourly to revacuum to ensure that there are not hairs remaining. I hope that this explains the charge.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
wicklow
Reviewed 20 June 2014

As a little treat for my sister and myself a booked a two day stay in OSheas hotel in Tramore, We arrived on the 18th june and from the moment we entered the hotel we just knew it was going to be a pleasurable stay the lady in reception was so friendly and helpful and the fact that it was the hotest day of the year only added to the experience we had, The room was very clean and fresh and very homely the heat in the room was a little warm for me not the fault of the hotel it was from the very hot weather i went to recption and asked for a fan and in less than 5 minutes a fan was brought to the room, Thank you Ladies you saved my life with that fan, The barman was very friendly and chaty i didnt get his name but he was the only one working that day he worked so hard looking after everybody and still made time to talk to all, The breakfast is made freshly for each guest and the ladies working in the dining room as they served your breakfast made you feel very special very special indeed, Overall our 2 night stay at OSeas hotel left us wanting to return for annother stay so hopefuly our next visit will be for longer. 1 final note to the management.... look after the staff you have working for you because it is them that make past guests want to return and i thank them for that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank seamus b
Good Morning Seamus,
thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and thank you for all your lovely comments, we appreicate them and I have passed on your compliments to our staff.
We look forward to your next visit to Tramore.
Bahrain
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My children and I went back for our 2nd stay of our trip home from the Middle East to a welcome one would only expect from close friends or family. A warmer welcome and hospitality second to none was what greeted us and what sent us home. A huge thank you to Jacintha and her family and the staff in O'Sheas for their kindness and hospitality. We'll be back :)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank PWoodsBadawi
Good Morning,
thank you for reviewing our hotel for a second time. We really appreciate all you nice comments and I have passed on your compliments to all our staff and especially to Jacinta. We are having a really lovely summer here in Tramore with brilliant sunshine every day, I hope that you and your family have all settled back to life in Bahrain and hopefully we will see you again when you visit Ireland.
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

very easy to find up the prominard. loads of parking at the back of it. seems to be a family run business as alot of older local staff in it. they were all very pleasant and accommodating.
i booked a twin room which was fairly small but was clean and had a v clean bathrm. old fashioned hotel but was nice and antique style. there's a big bar and a night club next door they also have a restaurant. the last breakfast is 11pm which is great if you like a lie in.
I would recommend this hotel for a short stay but maybe not a long one as the rooms are very small.Guinness is also nice which can be hard to find in some hotels!!

Room Tip: maybe a double room might be bigger than a twin
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank blueyBarns1
Good Morning Bluey,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for all your nice comments, I have passed on your compliments to our staff. When you decide to visit us again, please request a larger room as all our rooms are different sizes. We look forward to your next visit.
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 20 May 2014

From the moment we arrived (my parents, myself and my 3 young children) we were made to feel most welcome. A friendlier place, with friendlier people we have not come across before now. The staff (a Family run hotel and bar) could not do enough for us and went completely out of their way to ensure my 3 children especially had the most wonderful experience - an experience we have decided to re-visit before we leave Ireland to go back to our home in Bahrain. We only stayed for 1 night but for both days, we were directed were to go and what to do to ensure we all had the most wonderful time. A special effort was made by the hotel (family) to include my children in activities that were specifically arranged for a very special group of children. For this we could not thank them enough. The accommodation was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was to say the very least plentiful. We would all highly recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Tramore for a fabulous, fun filled, family break away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pbadawi
VeniceLovers, Manager at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Good Morning,
Thank you for your review of our hotel, It was our pleasure to accommodate you & your family on your trip to Ireland.
Delighted you found our staff helpful and we certainly do appreciate everyone of them, most of our staff have been with us for over 30 years and some over 40 years, we always say that our staff are our most important asset .
We hope that you will return when the sun is out more permanently to enjoy the beach at our doorstep. (Even though we suspect that sunshine is not important to you as you live in Bahrain in the sunshine).
Once again it was our pleasure to accommodate you and your family.
ireland
Reviewed 4 May 2014

myself my wife + our 2 young children 4 and 1 stayed here for one night and must say we had a lovely time.The hotel is located with in walking distance of sea amusements pubs/bar which there is a few lovely ones (the Esquire, the seahorse).the receptionest was a very nice lady the breakfast was lovely with plenty in it.The bar in the hotel was nice also.All in all a nice little break well worth the 107 euro for b+b.

Room Tip: It can get a little loud outside ;ater in the night
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tipp s
VeniceLovers, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
We are happy to hear that we helped you to have an enjoyable break here in Tramore. It does indeed have lots to offer, for adults and kids alike, so I am glad to see you mention them here. And thankfully our hotel is within walking distance of it all as you mentioned. Delighted you found our staff helpful and we hole that you will return when the sun is out more permanently to enjoy the beach at our doorstep.
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is my 3rd attempt to send review in the past 4 days... Seems like my review is being blocked ??? I had a v stressful 2 weeks so decided to stay in O' Shea's on Friday 25th to relax & unwind before returning to work Sunday ..... On arrival the receptionist was very sarcastic/ undermining as I had phoned for directions to car park :-( .. I spent the day walking on the beach , generally unwinding ... I decided to have an early night 'cos I hadn't been sleeping so had my pj's on at 8pm. got into bed & watched soaps etc..I awoke at 4am with the porter/ security man in my bed room.... His excuse was my tely was still on & the people next door requested I turn it off..??? Freaky/Scarey... i admit I fell asleep with tely on but no justification for a woman alone waking up to man in bed room.... He could have phoned ?? I left Sat morning exhausted/ stressed.. management said it was a one off occurance ..?? . That's no consolation to me :-( :-(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank helenbrazil
VeniceLovers, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Madam,

Upon your arrival, our receptionist upgraded your room from a single room with no seaview to a room with two doubles and a seaview. I am surprised to hear that you felt that she or her actions were sarcastic given this unwarranted gesture of goodwill that she bestowed upon you.

As explained previously madam, the reasons the security man entered your room are:

1. You had your T.V. at such a high volume that you were preventing other guests from sleeping, including those with a small baby that did not settle thereafter;
2. We were concerned for your well-being. Unfortunately, the neighbouring rooms attempted to get your attention by knocking numerous times, but they could not receive a response from you. Guests on either side of you felt compelled to complain at 4am as they had endured serious disruption from 8pm. From 4am I tried ringing your room a number of times, but again you did not answer. At this stage, given the number of times that various people, guests included, had tried to contact you, I became concerned for your health. Thus, I contacted our security man to ask him to try to make contact with you. You did not answer his knocks to your door. With such noise coming from your room, and so many people having knocked on your door and called you, the fact that you still were not answering became an issue of great worry. Therefore, as we explained to you the following day, out of concern for your health and safety we decided to enter the room, a decision that was not taken lightly.

Although you complained to us the following morning, once we explained the above, you graciously apologised. And despite the disruption you caused to our other guests, out of good customer service, we kindly refused to charge you and offered you a late afternoon checkout.

Considering the fact that this situation arouse out of stress you caused to our other guests, and our concern for your well-being, and the fact that you proffered an apology to us for its occurence, I am shocked to read your above review.

Finally, with regard to your difficulty with filing your complaint on this site: we do not have the power to control reviews, thus you must take that complaint up with TripAdvisor.com as it is nothing to do with our hotel.

Yours Sincerely
O'Shea's Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Tramore hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tramore
Majestic Hotel
#12 of 12 in Waterford
Dooley's Hotel Waterford
Dooley's Hotel Waterford
#4 of 12 in Waterford

Been to O'Shea's Hotel? Share your experiences!