“Would recommend”

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tramore
“Would recommend”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for a short family break, I think it was def best hotel in tramore lookin at the others, it was family friendly which was important to me, didn't have pool but there is splash world across the road, rooms very clean, reception and bar areas lovely, good breakfast too, only thing lacking was service in bar, waitress didn't remember our tea, took ages to bring it, we ate here again the next day and service was bad again, asked for more bread for kids and took about half hour to come back with it, not good with kids, overall I would come back.......

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank IrishWedding
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Irishwedding,

Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Delighted to read that you found us to be family friendly and the best Hotel in Tramore.

Apologies for the poor service you received in the bar. I will personally look into this and work with my team in improving the customer service in our lounge bar.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Mark Whelan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Over priced for room we had - very stuffy at night. We had a family room - but was definitely not suitable for a family. Our view was over the staff car park & we would be woken by deliveries arriving early in the morning We asked for bigger room but they didn't have bigger - very few staying in hotel - lacked atmosphere - only 2 other families eating breakfast & in restaurant very quiet also. No entertainment or kiddies club during the week - no one in bar/lounge. Definitely nicer better value hotels in Tramore.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Finnegan4069
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Finnegan4069,

Thank you for your review.

Sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

All family rooms have 1 Double Bed and 2 single beds based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing which in some cases larger families find that this is sufficient for their needs. Perhaps 2 rooms might have been more suitable for your family.

All larger family rooms are to the back of the hotel as this is considered a quieter area. All deliveries to the hotel start only after 9.30am which is not early.

Regarding your comment "lacked atmosphere" we provide live entertainment on 4 nights of the week (families welcome), a kids club on weekends and kids packs at reception as well as providing a discount service of up to 25% or more to Privates adventure,Splashworld,Run amuck,Freedom surf school and many more family activities, all within walking distance of the hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Having spent a great holiday at the Majestic Hotel, myself and my friend would like to congratulate the proprietor, manager and the wonderful staff, who were always on hand to help and very friendly. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and so comfortable and we were well satisfied each time we left the dining room ("Well done Chef"). No doubt you will be seeing plenty of us in the future.
M Collins

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jane B
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear Jane B / M Collins,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Majestic Hotel.

I will pass on your congratulations to all members of staff, who I'm sure, will be delighted to see you had a great holiday with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

During a holiday bus tour around the British Isles, we stayed at the Majestic Hotel in Tramore, the service was very good, the ensuite room was also very good and the food excellent, a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnb255100
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear john255100,

Thank you for writing such a kind and rewarding review of the Majestic Hotel. Wishing you and your tour group a most memorable and enjoyable visit to Ireland and Great Britian.

Best Regards
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was in here on Saturday and found the service very poor. Took ages for my order to be taken and when I did get my main course, it was only average, I have had better fish and chips before. I then asked could I order a dessert of the waitress who never returned to me, I would probadly still be waiting there for it to come. There was a mix up with orders with my childrens orders so by the time I had my main course finished, they had only gotten their meals :( Also when I went up to bar to get drinks, I was left waiting again and the waiters/waitresses were very rude at bar, no matters whatsoever. Very dissapointed. Won't be back and by the look of other reviews I have just read below, this seems to be a reoccuring problem

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear 1947M,

Apologies for the poor service & thank you for bringing it to my attention .

We at the Majestic Hotel believe that customer care and service is paramount , so it disappoints me to read a review of poor service. I will speak to all staff with regard to this.

My apologies again.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Popped in here the weekend for dinner in the evening and was very disappointed after hearing a good review about the food from people I know who attended a wedding here. We were firstly left sitting in bar for 10 mins, nobody came near us while we looked at menus, I then called staff member over to ask "Do I order at bar or do you take the orders", she advised me to go to bar... no problem, so I put it my order.
I hate butter and have an intolerance to it so I ordered my panini without butter (simple request I thought!)
It came out covered in buttter with just tuna and mayo... sent it back.. 15 mins later, another one comes out but this time just bread and tuna!!! It said on menu served with mayo and cheese, had to send it back again, I said to the waitress, all i want is whats written on the menu minus the butter... very simple request to make a panini, 3rd time lucky, it came out, only ate half of it as I was so stressed and frustrated at this stage. Will not be coming back here again, got apologys etc but didnt get any complimentary desert or drink or money off for this mistake. Its very unfair, the person with me had her dinner finished 10 mins by the time mine came out.
And the staff leave alot to be disired..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ElleBi
Dear Ellebi,

I would like to apologise for the poor service that you received recently with us.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I have spoken with all staff involved & reiterated our customer care policies with them.

Apologies again.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Attended a wedding here this weekend first impressions of the hotel were good it was well turned out helped byna sunny day. The reception room was amazing beautiful decor and a gorgeous meal. Everything on the 12th went smoothly. We went down to the bar the following afternoon for a late lunch. Imasked for a ceaser salad (which we had for a starter for the meal the night before) but the menu had cajun mayo... I was told by the barman in an extremely rude manner to order from the menu and did i see ceaser on it.... I personally dont think its that hard to change dressing! I told my boyfriend he couldnt have ceaser so he asked for mayo as he cant have spicy food due to medical reasons the barman told me the kitchen are too busy to switch for mayo also.... In the end my boyfriend couldnt eat with us and had to eat elsewhere up town. The manner in some of your staff leaves alot to be desired althought megan did try her best to help us so thank you! I wont mention the the barmans name im sure you would know yourself. And to mention also when someone books their room for this hotel get in writing the price they provide! They tried to con a few of the group extra money for the rooms and tried to cover it up my scribbling out the price list when we asked to see their pricing.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mermaidxo
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear mermaidxo,

I was shocked to see such a low score rating when your review started with comments such as "amazing beautiful decor and a gorgeous meal" as well as "Everything on the 12th went smoothly".

I apologise for the barman if his manner seemed to be rude. We always try to accommodate a guest's needs even if the item is not on the bar menu, but sometimes this is not always possible as was in this case.

The comment "they tried to con a few of the group extra money for the rooms and tried to cover it up" IS NOT TRUE !!! . As a wedding guest you receive a discounted rate for the night of the wedding, but all other nights are full rate and where possible wedding guests receive a free upgrade to a sea view. It is also our policy to issue all guests a confirmation letter at time of booking and a itemised bill on departure, where cost of stay and any other charges are clearly shown.

Mark Whelan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tramore
O'Shea's Hotel
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
Dooley's Hotel Waterford
Dooley's Hotel Waterford
#4 of 12 in Waterford

Been to Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!