“Hairs in my food - avoid this place!!!!!”
Review of The Sands Hotel

The Sands Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tramore
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner here and walked into the restaurant. No one in there which is never a good sign! Restaurant was dirty, tables needed a good wipe and floor needed cleaning too! Looked like if hadn't been cleaned in days! Gave it a chance and ordered lasagne. Went to bathroom and again the toilets were filty! As I was washing my hands a member of staff walked in to check the toilets. She just flushed the toilets and walked out again - despite the obvious fact the place was in need of a deep clean!! When I sat back down I actually said to my partner I hope the food is ok because this place is disgusting! Out comes my food with two hairs on it! Plate also wasn't clean! Waitress didn't really acknowledge it and barely mumbled an apology. On way out I asked had the manager been informed and she said no just the chef. She told the manager and he was so rude and arrogant! A warning to all avoid this dirty hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Maryi
There are newer reviews for The Sands Hotel

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I visited Tramore in August & had a meal there & also visited the bar in the evening for a social night out. I have to comment on the service.the waitress service was fantastic & very obliging as were the bar staff. Paul the bar manager couldn't do enough to please and would defenatilty recommend for a great night out. Keep up the good work its great to visit Ireland & receive such a great service

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel during the summer in July. When we first entered our room it was very nice, although I decided to have a peek through things. As I went to have a look in the drawer in which there was a cigarette. I suspected it to be Weed. Although things got worse throughout the night. After I came home from the swimming pool and went to have a nice hot shower the water seemed to be cold. When we went to sleep we constantly heard people downstairs in the bar that were drunk and the nightclub also. This made it very hard to get asleep. The Fire alarm also went off once or twice which alarmed me although there was no fire.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Yasmine O
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel on the 15th & 16th August for a short break. Have tried for years to book into this hotel but was always booked out in August. Last year it was closed down completely which was a great loss to visitors to Tramore. It only reopened 3 months ago and i presume we only got the booking because everyone thought it was closed. The room we got was a double and for Euro 75 per night was very good value. Breakfast was not included. We did have breakfast which we paid for seperately but would skip it next time. Have breakfast in O'Sheas.The Sands is very central to everything and I would recommend it. The night we arrived we were warned about the noise of the disco but the rain was so bad and the wind so noisy we didnt hear a thing. will stay there again

Room Tip: We stayed in room 319 which was on the 3rd floor. A spacious room with sea views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clairemarkey
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Its great to see Sands Hotel open again to the public. This has been a favourite haunt of ours for many years. We just keep going back for the great service, and friendly staff.
Bar food is excellent value. Music on weekends in the bar with a great athmosphere. Great location, and a very helpful owner. Well done to The Sands Hotel. Keep up the good work, and hopefully the sun will shine soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank planner108
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Tramore is a beautiful friendly place and fantastic beach but I stay in The Sands hotel regularly. I keep going back there because of a lot of reasons. Its friendly down to earth staff is the jewel in its crown, once you go to check in a girl Steph is welcoming and friendly and you go to the bar and regular barman Steve is a great personality behind the counter and you would never feel like your on your own sitting at the bar Once you visit once they will remember your name and always make you feel welcome. It has a lovely resteraunt and 2 bars and a modern trendy nightclub which would be a massive venue in a major city all under one roof so you never need to leave the the premises. Its location is perfect only minutes from shops, ammusments, and beach. A lot of the staff are long term so customer service is consistantly at a high standard and the manager Ann-Marie is always very friendly and helpful. Would totally reccomend this hotel to stay wether its business or pleasure and is family friendly

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank DerekSull
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I had room 318 this year which is situated right over the nightclub so you won't get any sleep until 2.00 am at weekends so beware of this. The hotel is however good value for money with excellent bar food and friendly staff. I would have preferred a better choice on the breakfast table including some fruit and yoghurts however the full Irish however is hard to beat.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank roseoftramore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tramore
O'Shea's Hotel
#2 of 12 in Waterford
Dooley's Hotel Waterford
Dooley's Hotel Waterford
#4 of 12 in Waterford

Been to The Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!