“My husband said " best meal in Ireland"!!”
Review of Gallagher's

Gallagher's
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Bunratty
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the heart of historical Bunratty, you will find our award winning seafood restaurant "Gallaghers". With its thatched roof and old world relaxed charm, come and enjoy a spectacular candlelight dinner with family and friends. It is our attention to detail and high level of service that ensures your whole dining experience will be truly memorable.
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

After 2 weeks of pub grub and the like, we were excited to enjoy
Galleghers food. They had John Dory fish- one of my favorite fish. From the apps to the desserts- quality foods with great flavor. My daughter enjoyed the garnish that added even more flavor to her yummy steak!!

Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hi Tami! Thanks for the lovely review. I'm glad ye enjoyed the visit. I hope ye had a safe journey home to the States. We only won best Restaurant in Clare 2014 last week so it's ironic that your review came in around the same time! We're delighted ye enjoyed the meal and hopefully ye can come back again someday in the future.

Sales & Marketing Assistant

There are newer reviews for Gallagher's

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Really enjoyed this meal. We turned up on spec and were shown into the bar area initially. The barman took our drink orders and when I ordered a glass of wine asked if we were having a bottle of wine with our meal. When I said yes, he suggested we open it now instead. He joked with our kids and made them very comfortable. We had the special menu which was only €65 for the two of us including the wine. It was a reduced version of the full menu but still left us plenty of choice. The food and the atmosphere was wonderful. Every course stood out. Kids were delighted with their meals too, but shared our desserts as they were so full. A great night out.

1  Thank RFLong
Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi! Thanks so much for the great review. We really the time you have taken out to leave us some feedback. I'm delighted you both enjoyed our restaurant so much. I gather ye had our Wine & Dine offer which is €65 per couple. Its probably our most common menu in Gallagher's and we recently changed it so hopefully it's even more popular now! All our staff are trained to give quality service while interacting with customers in a friendly manner. Once again, thanks for the review and make sure to call in again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had a beautiful lunch here last weekend on the way back from Kinsale - the sun was shining and we got a lovely table outside the cottage part of the restaurant. The food was brilliant and I had a wonderful open-foccacia bread sandwich filled with mozzarella cheese, ripe tomatoes, topped off with pesto and a huge side salad, with sun dried tomatoes and they even threw in a few olives for good measure. My husband had the soup of the day and they gave us extra sides of bread at no extra charge, which was a lovely touch. Our waiter was a lovely guy who chatted with us and could not have been more helpful, bringing us whatever we needed to enjoy our lunch - would loved to have had dinner there with a glass of wine as it was a lovely ambience, and fantastic to see in those pinched times that there are still great value places like this where nothing is too much trouble and people, despite being pressurised by work, still have the time to smile and appreciate your custom. Well done and we will have lunch there everytime we are passing. Many thanks for your great hospitality and wonderful food.

Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

HI! Thanks for the great review. We appreciate the time you have taken out to leave us this feedback. I'm delighted you enjoyed lunch with us. Our staff are trained to make sure all customers receive quality food by quality service. Make sure to call again some night and even have that glass of wine you mentioned!! You won't regret it. Thanks again for the review and hopefully we will see you soon .

Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a great place to dine, the staff are very friendly and efficient and the food is top quality.We love to go there.

Hi Rita, thanks for the lovely review. I'm so happy ye enjoyed the visit so much! I can tell by your review title of 'old world charm' that you understand what exactly we offer in Gallaghers in terms of atmosphere and ambiance. Make sure to call again someday when you are passing and try something else from our menu or even call next door to our sister restaurant, JP Clarke's! Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stopped over for a meal on a friends recommendation and they could not have recommended better. Superb atmosphere, great helpful staff prepared to go the extra mile. Food and menu were brilliant catered to everyone. Just to mention the meal was had in J.P. Clarkes which also trades under gallaghers even though this is the less informal venue that serves food all day. Definitely recommended and very highly.

Hi there! Thanks so much for the great review, I'm delighted ye enjoyed the visit! I'm not sure by your review that you were in JP Clarke's or Gallaghers but we're one business so I'm still delighted it was a great experience for ye. Make sure to drop by again and try some of our other tasty dishes! And thanks again for the review.