“Nice surprise coming in off the road”
Review of Bunratty Villa

and 1 more site!
Bunratty Villa
Ranked #9 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Sunnyvale, California
“Nice surprise coming in off the road”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I drove around looking for a nice B&B and was pleasantly surprised. I was alone so I appreciated them not charging me for the room for 2. I paid $50 Euros as a solo. The villa was clean and neat. I do have a sensitivity to cigarette smoke and could tell the hostess was a smoker. It was mild however and only when I was near her. The bathroom toilet and fan were both a bit noisy and the floor creaked when I walked. I was hoping no one was below me. Breakfast was lovely and the hostess and host very helpful. The host carried my luggage both in and out of the villa for me. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank cottonsco

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Phil is a lovely lady who is very houseproud, her rooms are spotless as is her home, and her beds are the best ever, so so soft and comfy, and the Irish breakfast is perfect, with plenty of cereal fruit and yogurt as well. A beautiful place just down the road from Bunratty Castle at a reasonable rate. Well worth a visit if you are touring the Bunratty area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We found this place by accident and were very happy that we did! A pasture was just outside our window and we woke up to bird songs and horses neighing in the morning. The lady who runs the villa is most charming and very friendly. Excellent breakfast. Everything is very neat and tidy. The beds were comfortable. Free parking provided.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Excellent.
One of the best B&B in Ireland
Don't need to say more.
Jackie and her mother where great.

We 've stayed there 3 nights to explore the area and it could be longer.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Port Hueneme, California
Reviewed 15 August 2010

If you’re going to do Bunratty Castel or arrive on a red eye from the States this is a great place to stay!!! Jackie is a great hostess and runs a very nice B&B. This is one of the nicest B&Bs that we stayed in during the 2 weeks we were in Ireland. The breakfast is VERY GOOD with all the good drip coffee you want. This is a must stay B&B if your in the area!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
KIngston, NH
Reviewed 16 October 2009

I've been to Ireland 6 times and stayed in a gazillion different B&Bs, and this is my favorite. We found it 2 years ago on our honeymoon, and we'll never stay any other place on our last night. The rooms are gorgeous, the beds unbelievably comfortable, and the breakfast excellent. Everything we look for in a B&B was here. It's close to the airport, within walking distance of Durty Nelly's, it has roomy and powerful showers, hairdryers and plugs right at the mirror (for all you women out there), and the rarest of all things in Ireland, a single spicket bathroom faucet, so you have warm water without filling the basin. And I found the owner to be a wonderful woman and her daughter, who runs it with her, was lovely as well. We LOVE this place, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeanocap
Beaufort, SC
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We were in Ireland for a week and this was a wonderful B&B. Great sheets and towels
and the room was very clean. I would recommend this lovely house. It is a great location from the Shannon airport and close to restaurants. Also enjoyed the breaksfast. Best B&B we stayed in on our trip.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
Bunratty Manor Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shannon
Shannon Springs Hotel
Shannon Springs Hotel
#3 of 3 in Shannon

Been to Bunratty Villa? Share your experiences!