“lovely. A B&B to return to!”
Review of Bunratty Villa

and 1 more site!
Bunratty Villa
Ranked #10 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2012

A beautiful home, amazing welcome, comfortable, in a beautiful view setting, peaceful. Kate and her family could not have been more helpful and kind, seeing to all our wishes and needs, beyond the duty of a B&B.
Highly recommended for those who wish for a homely place to stay in.
Thanks Kate!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Previous reviews say it all about Bunratty Villas convenience. I would like to add a note about Jackie's personal kindness in not only driving my friend, Susan, and myself up and back to Dirty Nelly's for supper but also providing a continental breakfast for a very early Shannon flight. We were very late getting up and in our 'panic packing' I left a special neck brace and small pillow that are difficult to replace. According to Jackie both are in the mail back to me as I write this review. Lovely place and over and above service....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Have stay on three different occasions catching an early flight out of Shannon. Large confortable room with a great bathroom and shower. The lady of the house is very welcoming and its a short drive or walk to Bunratty for some shopping or dinner at the Creamery. Have not had the breakfast.

Room Tip: My room on all three occasions overlooked a field with horses running around. Very nice
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I have stayed at Bunratty Villa on both of our visits to Ireland. Our only regret is we did not stay at this B&B longer. As you can see by the photo, the facilitiy is beautiful from the outside. The decor inside is outstanding. Rooms are so comfortable, spotlessly clean and the hospitality is great. If you are flying into or or out of Shanon Airport or visiting Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, do yourself a favor and stay at Bunratty Villa, it is litterally within short walking distance of Bunratty Castle and less the ten minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I found this b and b by pure chance 4 years ago when travelling with my friends on a tour of Ireland. I loved it so much I decided to return with my boyfriend this august. This is the best b and b both of us have ever stayed in. The food is outstanding, beds are so comfy you don't want to get out of them, its in an ideal location i.e walking distance from the castle etc.
Phil made us feel right at home and even offered to drive us in to the village. We would highly recommend this b&b at such a great price and will definately be returning soon.

Room Tip: ideal location, excellent service, superb breakfast, recommended
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I drove around looking for a nice B&B and was pleasantly surprised. I was alone so I appreciated them not charging me for the room for 2. I paid $50 Euros as a solo. The villa was clean and neat. I do have a sensitivity to cigarette smoke and could tell the hostess was a smoker. It was mild however and only when I was near her. The bathroom toilet and fan were both a bit noisy and the floor creaked when I walked. I was hoping no one was below me. Breakfast was lovely and the hostess and host very helpful. The host carried my luggage both in and out of the villa for me. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Becky C
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Phil is a lovely lady who is very houseproud, her rooms are spotless as is her home, and her beds are the best ever, so so soft and comfy, and the Irish breakfast is perfect, with plenty of cereal fruit and yogurt as well. A beautiful place just down the road from Bunratty Castle at a reasonable rate. Well worth a visit if you are touring the Bunratty area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple