“Nice but tired ”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bunratty
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Nice old property but needs facelift.
Torn seating,old carpets.
Room was nice and comfortable ,nice bathroom with walk in shower.
Small Bar for this size Property, but two nice Pubs close by.
Breakfast served in a crowded room ,far too small!!Uncomfortable !
Breakfast awful ,overcooked meats and watery eggs.
Needs an upgrade on choices offered . Not even one star!
Not one of the better Hotels and totally overrated !

Stayed: July 2014
Deirdre2011, Director of Sales at Bunratty Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for providing your experience on your stay at the hotel. I’m saddened to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I have passed your comments on to our management team, and we will be looking further into the details. Thank you for your comment.

There are newer reviews for Bunratty Castle Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a hidden gem and we loved our stay here, the hotel is across the road from Durty Nellies and Bunratty Castle so handy for the area. It look quite a grand affair from outside, with a long and sweeping avenue flanked large trees with fairy lights twinkling around there trunks. The reception desk was very slow, after a long flight a little urgency wouldnt go amiss - after filling out countless forms (all annoyingly done once over the net) we got our room keys. Its a large hotel and easy to get lost, a bit of new signage might help. Our room was spacious, homely and classic - just what you need to relax in - a feast of harrods green and burgundy. The bar downstairs was a traditional affair, the wine gorgeous, we sat outside on the verandah with the dregs of a wedding, chatting in the warm night air. The spa the next morning was fantastic, the thai girls massage was awesome in lovely (if hidden - we got lost again) surroundings and a very reasonable rate with friendly girls. I liked this place, its cosy charm and large room suited me and my friend and we'll be back to try breakfast, make or break Bunratty get those eggs at the ready.

Room Tip: Go to the spa it is amazing and we usually go to the Drumoland spa, they are really friendly too!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laineydesanvito

Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Bunratty Castle Hotel .
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our Angsana Spa I will gladly pass on your review to the Spa.
I was delighted to receive the comment “a hidden gem” such a positive description of our hotel . I have passed on your review and comments to all heads of department.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Bunratty Castle Hotel in the not too distant future & hope you will be able to try breakfast with us on your next venture to Bunratty.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights for a relaxing break. We booked into the spa for some treatments and had the most amazing time. The therapists were excellent, absolutely adored the relaxation room & refreshments after. The pool area is also great for chilling out in. Staff in the hotel were lovely in all areas. The hotel itself is in a great location for visiting the castle. Overall had a fantastic time and we will definately be going back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cazzy21

Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for posting a review of your stay on tripadvisor.
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed both our Angsana Spa & leisure Facilities.
I was delighted to receive such positive comments and your 5 out of 5 rating on service which I will gladly pass on to the team here at Bunratty Castle Hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Bunratty Castle Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am reading the reviews and this doesn't sound like the same place I stayed at, but it is. The place is a dump, with a staff that couldn't care less.Last week (middle of summer) got to my room and the ac is broke, so I called the desk and they sent someone to my room with a fan. I said can I just move to another room and was told a lot of the ac's are broke.
The place is very old and run down, do yourself a favor and stay away.Their are so many nice places to stay in Ireland,Why stay here?

Room Tip: Yea, go to some other place
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jimmy1644

Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the hotel. I would like to offer my apologies that you were disappointed in your stay. We’re quite surprised with the feedback about the staff as it is fairly atypical we would be highly praised for our staff. I will explore these issues and make adjustments where necessary.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The rooms whilst perfectly adequate have sash windows and a number of guests on the night we stayed kept opening and closing them resulting a loud bang, this continued for most of the night. We complained to reception but they were uninterested and said there is nothing we can do, they could have addressed this with the patron but no..a very restless night was made worse by an early departure (5am) of a number of guests on our floor, very noisy...not at all happy. When this was mentioned to reception in the morning, they said the manager would get back to us, he never did...so typical of this hotel. Not to be recommended.

Room Tip: No customer service, don't even bother to ask....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you were disappointed in your stay. It is always our top priority to ensure the highest quality experience for all of our guests, and we are disheartened we fell short during your visit. We do our best to meet guest’s requests as frequently as possible. Please know that I have passed your feedback along to our management team, and we will be discussing the issues and working to make improvements.
Thank you again for your review.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great staff, they let us check in really early. The afternoon tea was cute. Relaxing bar. Great location to the Bunratty Castle and folk park. Good shopping close to hotel- about 2 minutes. We did a spa day and the staff was wonderful. Really relaxing. A nice property.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Lwr1818

Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay at Bunratty Castle Hotel. We’re thrilled to hear it was an enjoyable visit and that you found pleasure in relaxing in our Angsana Spa .
Thank you again for your review and recommendation. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a large hotel located on the hill just across from Bunratty Castle. It is very comfortable and roomy. And you can't beat the price. We paid 99 euros for their Deluxe Double and found it very comfortable met our needs. Our view was of an old church ruin and grave yard.

They have a good restaurant and bar on site and there are several excellent restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bill B

Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Bunratty Castle Hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for all your comments in relation to your to our bedrooms & Fibber McGees Steakhouse. . We look forward to welcoming you back to Bunratty Castle Hotel.

Tel 061 478 700

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
The Old Ground
The Old Ground
#1 of 9 in Ennis

Been to Bunratty Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!